Training Regimen

ChipsHH

Alright, so here's the deal: I'm heading to a friend's party at the end of the month, and I'm looking into ordering and wearing both of these for the theme of "Roaring 20s"/black and white wear. They're on eBay, so PLEASEEEEE don't order them, haha :) Now, I thought about it one night and figured: if I were to go a night in nothing but the Bordellos, I would need to train my feet to get used to them. As they're a size 12 and that Bordellos do run small, I, in a way, though I had no other choice [but may be to just go in with or only order the latter], but I feel really eager to try this out. As my friend somewhat expects me to arrive like-so, I feel honored - and a privilege - to set the bar pretty high for myself, and to others at the party. But, before I get beside myself too much on the subject, here's what I'm asking for all at the forum, and advice is appreciate. As I said, I plan on wearing the shoes below. I'm training in them. Yada, yada....I'm hoping that whoever has a pair themselves could help me out, but everyone's welcome to answer. What plan I have now is trying to wear them after 7-10, and for about a half-hour to as long as I can go while sitting down. Or I can walk around when they begin getting too sore. Now at the moment, I can't do much else because my aunt is visiting for the week, Possibly another week if she decides. But when she leaves, I plan to switch it over to mornings and evenings of training. Is my training good to go, or should some changes be implemented?

post-5877-133522947223_thumb.jpg

post-5877-133522947227_thumb.jpg

Formally "HHDude"

Are these your first pair of heels ? If so, you may want to start with a lower heel ? If not, are these new shoes higher than those you normally wear ? What about wearing the highest shoes you already have which are the most comfortable ? No pain (or less pain), no training required and you will save money...

Are these your first pair of heels ? If so, you may want to start with a lower heel ?

If not, are these new shoes higher than those you normally wear ?

What about wearing the highest shoes you already have which are the most comfortable ?

No pain (or less pain), no training required and you will save money...

I've have dozens of heels over the years, so they're not exactly my first. I've had them in my "care" for the longest, however.

The highest heels I've also had is 8-inch platforms. But overall, my heels have had 4-inch arches, one may be a 3-inch arch and another 3.5-inch.

Hm... sounds like a better plan than what I have, actually. But I figured that since I'm wearing Bordellos to the party and they're the ones I'm most worried about in terms of aching through the night, that I should go ahead and train in the ones I have now.

If it's any consolation, I planned to go dancing in the lower heels of the two. But should I, or just forget the idea?

Formally "HHDude"

I just learned of a possible new addition to my Regimen. Would it prove beneficial if I wore the Bordellos to every place I go? When I can, of course

Formally "HHDude"

Hi HH Dude, For any shoes, the advice is simple - wear them as much as you can. Standing and walking around will give you much more benefit than being sat down. If around the house, find some chores to do to keep you on your feet and moving around. Wearing them out would be even better. Most importantly, if the shoes start to hurt, take them off and try again the next day. By doing that, each time you wear them you should be able to go longer and longer before they start to hurt. Don't be tempted to push through any pain - by doing that you will end up hating the shoes and losing any enjoyment they could have given you.

Always smart if the shoe fits you well, regardless of the type of shoe. Its been said so many times on here to try before you buy. This is especially important for very high heels as the fit is more critical to achieve good comfort.

HHDude, I think you are just looking for a reason to wear heels.....you do not need one just do it. All kidding aside I wore a pair of 6" Delicious slingbacks with platform for 4.5 hours one night for a fund raiser . I did "practice" a lot. It's my experience to practice ,practice and yet more practice. Have fun and good luck.

Hi HH Dude,

For any shoes, the advice is simple - wear them as much as you can.

Standing and walking around will give you much more benefit than being sat down. If around the house, find some chores to do to keep you on your feet and moving around. Wearing them out would be even better.

Most importantly, if the shoes start to hurt, take them off and try again the next day. By doing that, each time you wear them you should be able to go longer and longer before they start to hurt. Don't be tempted to push through any pain - by doing that you will end up hating the shoes and losing any enjoyment they could have given you.

This is great advice. The only thing I might add is that if they happen to be or feel too tight on your feet, you might stretch the shoe, just a little, and then put them back on to wear around again.

I thank you all for the advice given, and hope more advice comes right behind it. It's come to my attention that money has gone slim. So it will just be the Bordellos I'll be getting instead of both of the above (although I can go for getting the second pair later). I'll stick to training as much as I can, and won't let pain get to me too much. I usually take it for as long as I can before I give up and take off the shoes. I'm also considering taking them off while driving, since sitting and moving back and forth between driving pads doesn't help with progress (instead, irritates my feet). And then, slipping them back on when I reach my destination.

Formally "HHDude"

I have those same Bordellos. Here is my advice... Parties are a great place to wear heels as you will be standing and sitting throughout the evening. I recommend you get some Dr. Scholes gels for heels to cushion the balls of your feet. They will allow you to stand quite a bit longer then without. Also, standing is harder than walking. Your feet will get sore faster just standing around so when you feel a little pain, walk around or sit a bit. I find the Bordellos have a bit narrow toe box. I can wear them for a couple of hours with no problems but then the side of my big toe starts hurting. If you sit down and slip the shoe off before it gets too bad, just for 3-4 minutes, it will let you go a lot longer. I have used a shoe stretcher with a little bump thing on it where the toe issue is to stretch out the toe box a little and it really helps. Just leave the stretcher in the shoe for a couple of days for it to work. Have a GREAT time!