Virtual heels

Like I wrote in the "3d modeling" thread, I was planning to model some shoes in 3d. This is my first attempt. I had a 6" oxford from Pierre Silber as a reference picture:

Posted Image

fashion is for cowards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trolldeg on 2002-02-23 08:44 ]</font>

Seamless and zipless!

That's the advantage of living in a VR world.. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Terayon> I've made them using 3dsMAX 4.2, my first attempt at patch modeling. Laurie> yes, I have plans on making an animated walk cycle with them, and other shoes I'm going to model. Although I fear it'll have to wait until I upgrade my system.

Yes I really like this artwork. The use of shadows and textures starts to trick the eye into a 3-D world. Last year, Xaphod and I visited the Tate Modern Gallery in London and this work surpasses many of the exhibits we saw there. We're hopefully going to arrange another trip this year, and we shall tell them of your work Trolldeg :smile: _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-25 01:37 ]</font>

• 2 months later...

XP sucks, downgrade to 2000, no problems. They're GIVING away a fully functional "learning edition" of Maya 4 if you download it (~203MB), don't remember the website. Unfortunately requires minimum of 528MB of RAM and they won't guarantee it will work unless you have a professional video card with at least 128MB video RAM! By the way, Trolldeg, your art work is awesome for a first try! _________________ Hi-Heels and Back-Zipper Pants Forever... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-26 03:33 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

XP doesn't suck it is very good i have been running tests on it and i ran the exact same tests on my windows 2000 pro. and xp came out tops and i got my old scanner to work...er....in a lighter sence of the word... i have tested it and it seems ok i will need to get my drawing skills back up to scratch though lol

XP sucks, to me, if only because I don't like using SPYWARE if I have a choice, and in this case, I do!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I just changed over from Win98SE to Win2K Pro (a HUGE jump for me), and so far everything is working just fine - no problems. I might give it a bit before going to XP, but I wanna find a copy without SPYWARE first - and they ARE out there. :smile:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Hello, I also use win2k for quite a while now - and I still not see any reason to go for the XP! i don't like spyware, I also don't like such a candy style frontend of the system and all hard-/ software is running fine under 2k... never ever felt less reason to update my windows. best wishes Joak

:smile: if your running 2000, there is no point for you to upgrade to XP...although you can change the GUI style, what it starts with is very ugly, its sort of the Fischer Price of the operating system world :smile: