New Heels

sscotty727

Went to the family get together with these on and no one even thought anything strange. They are very comfortable. I might actually wear these to work next week. For anyone still nervous about wearing heels in public, I highly recommend buying these shoe as trainers. Scotty

Congratulations of your discreet choice Scotty! I am absolutely certain that wearing these won't give you any problems at work, and will also serve to give you and your wife the confidence/acceptance of your wearing these before gradually going on to greater heights and further excitement! Given your methodical prudence, this bodes well for a very happy high-heeled future for you both, and please accept my very best wishes. Good luck! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan suggested this style on another thread.Posted Image

IMO, they're the perfect confidence builders and appropriate for wearing at any occasion. Work, church, shopping or relaxing in a restaurant with your family.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Interesting. Scotty, like I said on the other thread, the Varick doesn’t look like a woman’s shoe at all. I’m sure you will have no problem in even the most conservative workplace with them. How does the fit and sizing of the compare with standard men’s shoes? Narrow/wide? Room in the toes? I’m very tempted to go into Clarks next weekend and see if they do these here in the UK. Maybe I might be joining the club after all! Bubba, I’m so not keen on the ones you show. I think they do look like woman’s shoes, but I can see a guy getting away with them OK.

Hi Rob, Actually they fit real good and very comfortable. They are actually listed as boots instead of shoes I think so you could probably even wear them in the winter as long as it wasn't real high show. I would suggest going and trying a pair if your interested at all. As far as the ones Heelfan is talking about, I would really like to find a pair like those with 3 to 4 inch heels for my discrete heeling, but so far haven't been able to find a pair. The ones they have around here seem to have 2 to 2 1/2 inch heels. Any suggestions where I could find them? Thanks, Scotty

Certainly Scotty - only to happy to oblige! I have bought two pairs of 'Vivian' online from:

http://womenshoesplus.com

They're great, and, although over 3", believe me you can wear them ANYWHERE without anybody turning a hair! Also, this firm goes right up to size 14 (US)!

Rob, I don't agree that these look too feminine. I specifically recommended them to Scotty as I know of no other 3" shoe that looks more masculine. The style of the toe and instep is EXACTLY the same as many men's shoes, the only difference being the higher heel, and even then it is just as chunky as a men's heel so that when glimpsed under Scotty's suitable long trousers (pants), no-one will be able to tell that it's not an ordinary man's shoe. Don't forget trhat Scotty wants to go up to this sort of height and I defy anyone to look throughout the Web and find any 3" heel that looks morte manly.

Scotty, what a shame you don't live in the UK so you could join our London Heel-Meet next Saturday and gain confidence! Good luck and happy streetheeling!

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi Heelfan I'm sure the shoes you poined out would look like mens shoes when under trousers. Yes the shoe looks like many mens shoes except the heel. I certainly haven't seen any shoe with a heel that high that looks as manly. Its just not to my taste, but then if we all had the same taste, the world would be a dull place. I guess the point I was trying to make was that even with the two inch heel the Varick still look like a mens shoe. Scotty, I may well go have a look next weekend. Snow isn't normally much of a problem here in the UK!!! lol

I have a pair exactly like the ones Heelfan suggests. Mine are Franco Sarto's (Remo is the name). I don't know if these are the same brand. They are a little narrow, but my experience with Franco Sarto shoes is that stretch. These are the kind of shoes nobody pays serious attention to. I have worn them under falred jeans as well as regular pants. Overall a pair of shoes that you can get away with even in the most conservative environments.

Hi Heelfan,

Actually, I was able to fix the heel on my buckled heels..

Posted Image

They have 3 inch heels and for now I will wear these for my "descrete" heeling. I will use the new 2 inch shoes for normal wear. Actually my wife was at first saying "you can't wear those to work unless you have longer legged pants", but after wearing them all day, she actually said they don't look so bad. When I said I would make up some medical excuse for wearing them if anyone said anything, she said no, just tell them SHE bought them for me and they are mens. So I think she is starting to accept all this now!. For those married/engaged/with girlfriend guys out there that are nervous to tell your significant other, just do like I did and go SLOW, start off with lower heels, and let them accept it gradually, just like you are going slowly going out in your heels. If you are moving faster then them, just wear the higher ones out when you are alone and the lower ones out when you are with them. It really works!!!

I will let all of you know how it goes tomorrow at work, again I doubt anyone will say a thing.

Thanks again for all your advice, it has been invaluable!

Scotty

Great stuff Scotty! Your confidence in heel-wearing (and your wife's growing acceptance) seem to be coming on fast in leaps and bounds! Well done! I am pleased that my advice has been useful to you. Once you take the plunge into public heeling, it's never nearly as hard or traumatic as you imagine, is it? Once you get over the first stage of hoping nobody notices, you can look forward to the eventual time when even if somebody does notice or comment, you find yourself positively enjoyingh it because it's all part of the fun! One tip though, from personal experience: Try not to lie about your reason for wearing heels. Firstly, people are not daft, and they probably won't believe excuses to do with medical reasons or their being a peculiar present from someone. Secondly, you have to think ahead to a time (probably not far from now) when you will want to wear higher and bolder heels (as we've all done), so the excuses for the first pair wash even less for subsequent pairs. I suggest just being honest but a bit vague, saying something like "I like to have a bit of a heel under me", or "I've always been one to want to make a personal a fashion statement". That avoids telling any whoppers, and paves the way for possible further heel-wearing. It worked well for me in my early more nervous days! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Scotty, you'll do well. Don't give any comments a second thought. Just, as Heelfan advises, tell them the truth. Besides, no one is going to have the nerve to comment about your heels when with your wife, anyway. They might look at you strangely, but will not say a word less they incur her indignation. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

For UK shoe hunter have a look at the page on the Tallgirls website:

http://www.tallgirls.co.uk/en-gb/dept_7.html

There are several items of interest there. The *Pods brand are worth looking at as a really good heavy winter loafer that pass well.

http://www.tallgirls.co.uk/en-gb/p_128.html

Chunky 3" heel and a thick 1" sole. The site says in poor worded phrase that the sizes come small. Probably half a size only, I don't believe it is a full size. The lace up version draws in nicely for a narrower heel bone.

/I

/I

Well, I made it past my first day at work in my new 2 inch heels. No one even noticed and I doubt even if they did they thought they were women's shoes. I don't plan on just blurting out to everyone though that I wear high heels, nor do I plan on making any snippy comment. If anyone asks I am just going to say "My wife bought them for me, I think they must be the latest style". That should shut them up and like everyone said, I won't be making fake excuses, or even lying for that matter. Who knows, perhaps if they think it is the latest style I could start a trend;) After work I switched into my 3 inch heels and went grocery shopping. I thought I had completely fixed the clicking in the heels, but you can still hear it a little bit (not as loud as before though). The funny thing is this time though, I just stopped caring if they clicked or not. I think I am starting to get used to being in heels. This week also marks the first time ever I am here with NO men's shoe. I do have my 1 inch heels, but still they are women's. I also brought women's flip flops to the hotel for relaxing in the evening. Scotty

I wore my Clarks today with the hidden heel concept (Hidden Heel) which raised the heel to 3" even though the look like 2". It was great to walk around all day infront of everyone at work in 3" but didn't have to worry about what anyone else thought. I even had lunch with my boss today (for those not familiar with consulting, you can easily go 6 months without seeing your boss) and again nothing was noticed. For those that are just starting out, this is a great way to wear the high heels to the office and not worry about being noticed!

Scotty

I have bought two pairs of 'Vivian' online from:

http://womenshoesplus.com

They're great, and, although over 3", believe me you can wear them ANYWHERE without anybody turning a hair! Also, this firm goes right up to size 14 (US)!

Heelfan,

Did you get them already? It seems to me that they have rubber heelcaps?

Robert

not that particular shoe but several pair the same style. And, unless someone is paying inordinate atttention to what you have on your feet, they don't get noticed.

My wife and I went on a dinner cruise this weekend for our anniversary and I talked her into letting me wear my new shoes from Pennys. I also had about 1 inch of hidden heels inside the shoe which gave me about 3inch heels. I was hoping to wear atleast the block mules with about a 4inch heel, but I didn't want to push it with her. I did wear the mules the rest of the weekend when we went out to the stores, etc, and I wore my jeans higher so you could definitely see the heels. It was great and no one said a thing or gave me any kind of notice. I also was able to talk my wife into letting me get 3inch boots from Bakers. I am planning on using them for my winter boot this winter. Scotty

Its a rubber sole and it doesn't seem to flex too much, however I don't know what you mean by too much. Did you say there is a local Steve Madden store there? Are you able to check it out in person? I wore mine briefly tonight when I ran out to get some things at the store and they were very comfortable.