New Heels

sscotty727

I have been lurking here for a while and I now have 3 pairs of shoes and a very supportive wife.

Please see my new shoes and thanks for the information I have collected so far !

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------

Used to be cosmo_loves_PH before the crash!

I recently purchased a pair of slides/mules from Sexy Shoes in Michigan (see link).

http://www.sexyshoes.com/p5549.html

They are advertised as a 5 inch heel. I should have known that Sexy Shoes is quite conservative in their heel heights - I think they must measure them in the center of the heel. I my size 13, the heels are a full 6 in. high measured at the back! I can hardly stand in them much less walk without support. They are pretty loose (see next para.), so walking is teetering. They make my 6.5 in. platform stilettos feel like flats!

The shoes are made in China, and are overly generous in size. I should have gotten a 12. The 13s tops are so loose that my foot slides sideways off the edge of the sole.

• 1 month later...

I just recently bought a new pair of high heeled mules. They are similar to the ones shown here except they are Aerosoles and are smooth all over (paid $20 US at Value City). What do you all think?

What is funny is my wife is more concerned about me wearing these one out vs my 3 1/2" heeled boots (in brown leather) which are alot higher.

I actually wore these boots to the Wiggles Concert this weekend with my wife and daughters. I wore longer jeans, but most of the time (especially sitting) you could see I was wearing high heels. NO ONE said a word, not even any of the kids (of course they were focused on other things :( ).

One last question. I am considering buying shoes similar to these "Binder" in black. Has anyone else worn these or anything similar? If so, what did you think?

Thanks,

Scotty

Hi, Scotty. I think your wife's concern might be more with the more feminine look of the long pointed toe than the heel height itself. My wife lets me wear non-descript skirts around the house - but she would probably not like me wearing a decidely woman's pair of sexy dress pants. Then again, she knows I wear skirts for comfort (function over form) and not for fashion. Thus, my tastes tend towards the utilitarian (or oblique gray). I dunno, though - why don't you ask her, in a jovial, non-threatening manner?

Scotty: I reciently got two Steve Madden styles, Taber and Pocket ($50). Both have a 1/2" platform which I don't like but the heels are ok. The Taber ($30 now )has quite a pointed toe and spike heel of about 4". I wear this style a lot with genes or dress pants (no skirt here not that progressive and to cold out). Show these to your wife, things are changing more than she knows. I think the reason most men don't wear heels is the size thing.

Hi Gene/Slim, Actually she said she was more concerned about anyone "seeing" me in heels than me wearing them. I asked her to help me pick out a pair of jeans that cover the heels and she is now ok with me wearing my boots. I think maybe the shoe as Gene said is probably a little too much feminine, maybe with long jeans they won't look so bad. Anyway, Payless has a pair of shoes similar to the "binder" ones I listed above. Anyone ever wear a pair like these? I am seriously considering getting a pair, but the local payless doesn't have my size and they aren't available online. Also, the Binder isn't available yet in my size but I am hoping they restock soon. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Scotty