One eventful night.

ShoeDre

I thought one of my latest events might be interesting... So, just to fill people in, my life has got a little busier with the adding of a new little boy. My wife and I like to go out a little bit, but obviously it has been a long time since we've been able to get around in our fashionably adventurous gear. Corsets and heels were not advisable for her while she was pregnant. I thought it wiser to avoid any major outings during this period. I'm not shy about venturing out in a variety of clothes normally, but this is somewhat conditional. I'm quite an active type of guy, so I don't like doing things in heels that require speed and force. If I'm going out to dinner, or something more social, then I'll contemplate heels and skirts, but for many things I refuse to be slowed. With everything that's been going on, I generally only get time lately to relax at home in heels and other things. My wife and I were relaxing at home, me in some of my prettiest heels, a beautiful new skirt I got, seemed black stockings, a very masculine T-shirt and some androgynous makeup on. I small note, I've found it important to avoid doing eyebrows when doing makeup. I don't want to look like a woman and it seems to be the most feminine aspect of makeup. We were happy watching some TV. All of a sudden, my wife turns to me and said that she didn't feel well. Both of us thought that it would just pass, but quickly I see her getting worse. Both of us worrying about it, I ask her if I need to get her to the Hospital. She waits a minute longer, then says yes. Next thing, I'm waking our daughter up, telling her to get something on to keep her warm. I grab our newborn baby boy and get the family into the car and drive to the hospital, which is very near, in 5" heels and dressed right up. If you want a way to take the choice away from you, this is it. I laugh looking back on this now, knowing that everyone is okay, but at the time it was very stressful. We ended up being at the hospital, in the emergency section, for about 12 hours. Trust me, if you have any issues being in public in heels, this is the cure. At the beginning, I'm way too worried about making sure everyone is okay. In the end, I'm just too tired and relieved to care about anything. I must admit, I'm not the type to worry too much about the thoughts of random people. Honestly, I've gone out dressed in more adventurous attire before this event. This however, was probably the most completely fashion free-styled I've been. Most of the time I was thinking about how aesthetically pleasing I felt. Whilst it was definitely nowhere near the norm, I felt I had achieved a new level in personal fashion expression. I got the feeling that most people didn't really care, other than one person who complimented me on my shoes. I will say my 1 month old baby boy. which I was holding, was by far the biggest public attraction. How I looked didn't really rate in comparison. Anyway, there it is! I hope others here fine this interesting. I was one hell of a full on experience for me, but the heels and stuff really was a side matter.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I think, there are better way to stay in "drag", to test the audience, then to have a sick or injured person you have to take care about. I would not like to swap into that situation. But I can imagine, what kind of experience it was. My best wishes to you, your family and especially your wife!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

By the way I hope the Mrs is ok?

Yes, she is doing great now. Just one of those things that happen when a woman's body is adjusting from having given birth.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I've got to admire you and your wife's presence of mind in being able to take care of the more important things first, instead of being concerned about how you were dressed. May we all come to have this type of attitude, when the need arises. Of course, if we aren't able to associate with others while heeling, how concerned our we for their welfare and friendship? I'm also glad things turned out well for your family!

I've got to admire you and your wife's presence of mind in being able to take care of the more important things first, instead of being concerned about how you were dressed. May we all come to have this type of attitude, when the need arises. Of course, if we aren't able to associate with others while heeling, how concerned our we for their welfare and friendship?

I'm also glad things turned out well for your family!

I echo Histiletto's thoughts and just add that with my parents, who were in poor health late in their lives, and our children growing up, I spent many a time in hospital emergency rooms. You see many differnt types of people in the waitiing rooms and because of the individual emergencies, I'm sure many don't notice or at least care how someone is dressed waiting to hear how their loved one is doing and the treatment they are receiving.