Unisex?

ilikekicks

I have a question to run by EVERYONE. I have a small waist and longer inseam. 28 inch waist and a 34 inseam. I can NEVER find jeans and pants that fit right off the shelf/hook/hanger. I usually take them to a friend whom is/was a seamstress. She tailors them to fit properly. Recently ( this past afternoon ) she told me to just go to a local fabric shop and pick out materials and she can make me some pants that would fit. Not a bad ideal actually. For what it costs to purchase a decent pair of jeans ( 25$ ) then to have them tailored ( another 25$ ), the material would be 15$ and I could easily put some cash in her pocket ( shes a stay at home mother presently ). My question would be.. are these ' mens ' jeans? I was thinking lighter linen types of materials would be nicer for warmer summer months and the fall season as well.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Of course they're men's jeans if they're to be yours. Don't get hung up on the men's and women's thingie.. I've worn women's styled jeans for over a decade now and nobody has ever been the wiser. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

is it important either men´s women´s children´s teenagers´, what ever? it is quite difficult to find well fitting jeans one also likes. so these two are the only points which count.

First of all, they are made for you. So they are your jeans. Second: does she make them with the closure mens style or womens style? Third: do they have big (=mens) pockets or very small pockets (mostly womens style)? Why worry? You should be happy to have some tailor made jeans. Very few people can say that. Be proud! Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I'm really surprised that you don't know that jeans are another word that people use for referring to trouser-like apparel. If you're hung up in the labelling as to who should wear what things, then you'll have to reconsider the wearing of briefs or panties because they are essentially diapers. T-shirts and tank tops were meant to be only worn as under garments with other shirt type apparel covering them, so fashion is now miss using these pieces of underwear. Tights use to be the lower or stocking section of men's underwear known as long johns when men's trouser length ended a little past the knee. As far as the jeans in the specifications you provided, they are already manufactured. Of course, you'll have to look under tall women's pants or jeans section for your waist sizing. Tall usually means the inseam length is 34 to 36".

I have a question to run by EVERYONE.

I have a small waist and longer inseam. 28 inch waist and a 34 inseam. I can NEVER find jeans and pants that fit right off the shelf/hook/hanger. I usually take them to a friend whom is/was a seamstress. She tailors them to fit properly.

Recently ( this past afternoon ) she told me to just go to a local fabric shop and pick out materials and she can make me some pants that would fit.

Not a bad ideal actually. For what it costs to purchase a decent pair of jeans ( 25$ ) then to have them tailored ( another 25$ ), the material would be 15$ and I could easily put some cash in her pocket ( shes a stay at home mother presently ).

My question would be.. are these ' mens ' jeans? I was thinking lighter linen types of materials would be nicer for warmer summer months and the fall season as well.

Unless you have lots of experience sewing pants and a pattern/template in the correct size, it is really difficult to sew a pair of pants that I would wear in public.

If you don't mind the button or hook being on the opposite side of the pants,

try JC Penney

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.aspx?DeptID=70656&CatID=71963&cmCatLevel=3&shopperType=G&CmCatId=70656

Lands' End

http://www.landsend.com/ix/womens-clothing/Women/Pants-Shorts/Size+Range=Tall/index.html?seq=1~2~3~4&catNumbers=83~85&visible=1~2~1~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=24&tab=2

Gap

http://www.gap.com/products/tall-womens-clothing.jsp

For more, google "tall women clothing".

I have not read ever thing listed in here... But I will say I buy nothing by female derived cloths from macy's mostly, but I do not care where I get them, I get what I like and do not care if there are embelished with stuff, short, capris (I am actualy getting more of these) shorts, dress, lounge, leggings, etc... When you were them, no one knows the differance... My 1.5 cents worth... :smile:)

I'd be more interested to know what style they'll be (flare, bootcut, straight-leg, skinny), high-waisted/on-the-hips/low-cut, and of course what length they'll need to be for the heels you'll wear with them. I often try to figure out what trouser styles will complement my body shape (ie lengthen my short legs and give a nice proportion to my waist and hips), and I'm sure your seamstress friend will have some great ideas to help you achieve the effect you want to create for your body shape. Think fashion and looking/feeling good, no labels required.

If you like it, wear it.

I dont have any ' hang ups ' on titles. I have both ' mens ' and ' womens ' pants. I was just curious as to how it would be percieved. I like draw string or elastic waist pants. I also like pants that gather around the ankle most of the time. Sweat pants are kind of a ' model ' that I seem to enjoy wearing as they are light, non restrictive and pretty comfortable for myself. I have some meetings coming up for some project work and a few weddings/baptisms that will require ' nicer ' apparel. I cant really go to these events looking like the cat just dragged me in off the streets :smile: . I did pick up some materials yesterday. White linen and some black stretch material that has some lycra in it. Both are pretty pliable or light. I have to see what My friend comes up with and post some pictures for everyone.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I dont have any ' hang ups ' on titles. I have both ' mens ' and ' womens ' pants. I was just curious as to how it would be percieved.

I like draw string or elastic waist pants. I also like pants that gather around the ankle most of the time. Sweat pants are kind of a ' model ' that I seem to enjoy wearing as they are light, non restrictive and pretty comfortable for myself.

I have some meetings coming up for some project work and a few weddings/baptisms that will require ' nicer ' apparel. I cant really go to these events looking like the cat just dragged me in off the streets :smile: .

I did pick up some materials yesterday. White linen and some black stretch material that has some lycra in it. Both are pretty pliable or light. I have to see what My friend comes up with and post some pictures for everyone.

If you buy a pair of jeans from the women's section and they don't have flowery patterns embroidered into them or stitching in the shape of hearts or whatever, you'll have no issues wearing them. I recently bought some women's stretch pants (not jeans) that are snug but not tight around the legs and have a decent bootcut. They look very dressy. I bought them in black and navy blue. I wear them to work all the time and have received nothing but compliments on them. The biggest drawback to women's styled pants are the small pockets. I find that the fit and look are so good that I'm willing to overlook this drawback. All the men's pants that I see on the racks are too baggy for my tastes...

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying