Lovers of slingbacks and heelpopping: what do you love about it?

Slingfan

Hi all, Although there may not be all that many of us I've met quite a few people who love the sight and/or feeling of a slipping slingback or walking heelpop. Me personally, as you can tell from my posts, absolutely love to see straps falling down, slingbacks squashed underneath someones feet, slapping high heels and of course pumps that heelpop and flop on and off when walking. At times I've received some rather negative feedback from others who don't share this passion, which is fine as each person has their different preferences and passions. However what I'd like is for those of us who get a thrill out of loose straps and heels to share our thoughts on it. Why do we like it so much? What was our first experience with heelpopping or slipping straps? Have you had any exciting experiences in loose heels? Anything you'd like to share with those of us who have a similar passion! So to all you lovers of slings, heelpops and slipping straps what makes you love this unique and exciting element of the high heel world?

I have to admit that I find it pretty sexy too particularly if her legs are bare. The bare foot accentuates the sound of the shoe slapping on the sole of the foot. The loose straps give the impression of having a very relaxed attitude.

I must admit I do notice slipping straps etc, but that is it a lady in her shoes nothing to comment about. Does nothing for me.

life is not a rehearsal

I love slings for the way it shows more of my foot, like a trade-off with toes being closed. And, at times it feels like I am about to wallk out of it but the strap finally tightens and it stays on. Wallking out of it may or may not be an issue, but I have one leg and use crutches most of the time so there is some risk involved which gives a feeling of accomplishment. Several times at home and at work I have worn a sling with the heel strap not in place to see if I might walk out of it but it remained on and the slapping sound turned heads. As far back as I can remember, I have had the habit of dangling a shoe off of my toes and fortunately, I still am able to do so with great pleasure.

For the reasons that many enjoy slingbacks, they are the same reasons that I don't care that much for slingbacks anymore. They just aren't comfortable to me any more. I prefer pumps or boots. As a matter of fact, I have now sold all of the pairs of slingbacks that I owned.

I can't remember the exact moment I first noticed a slipping sling but I do remember the feeling. Since I was young boy I was fascinated with hearing the click clack of high heels and the sight of a woman in them. At some stage, I think around the age of 9-11 I noticed a woman wearing a pair of high heels with one strap up and one underneath her heels. I can't remember what type of shoes she had on and the memories are vague, but I remember being fascinated with the sight. I remember being fascinated with how neatly dressed she was, with neat, tidy hair, makeup and beautiful stylish clothing and that the only blemish was that her shoe, more precisely her strap, kept slipping off. I liked the accidental nature of it, the casualness of leaving the strap down and, when I eventually saw it, the femininity of pulling the strap up. I wondered what it felt like. Then when I saw women walking with their straps down I noticed the slapping noise. This especially excited me when I saw how that noise caught peoples attention. I loved to see one strap up and one slipping, I knew that it was accidental: because the straps were worn out or wouldn't stay up, and I loved how women were confident enough to keep wearing them, even though they might think it was messy. The transition to liking heelpopping was natural: the slapping or popping, the accidental nature of it, the slightly messy look on an otherwise immaculately dressed woman just got to me, it was thrilling and exciting! I know many people don't like this, but for me it is the ultimate high heels thrill!

• 2 weeks later...

I was turned on to slingbacks by a woman who works partime for my friend Gary who runs the skyscraperheels store in Chicago. I bought a 5" cork wedge heel sandal there that it extremeyl comfortable and looks wonderful on my feet. I keep them in my car all the time along with my leather knee-high Zoey boots from Macy's with the 5" inch thicker heel. Slingbacks offer an easy--off easy-on shoe which is an advantage if you wear them into a store and want to try on different pairs of shoes within a few minutes. This strategy is very useful in a busy Nordstrom rack wher the aisles are narrow and there are hundreds of different shoes on each shelf on each side of the aisle. On the other hand, a well-fitting pump or platform sandal with the typical "Y"-shaped ankle strap does offer seemingly more stability particularly when walking briskly or dancing. HappyinHeels:wavey: