Hello from Northeast England

Hello! Would like to introduce myself before posting elsewhere... My interest in heels stems from a desire to wear women's apparel in general, i.e. I am a crossdresser (clothes, jewellry, wig, full make-up, perfume, false nails etc...), which I believe is beyond the scope of this forum. However, due to simply being too busy nowadays, that's not something I get to do nearly as often as the '1 day on most weekends' I would ideally like. To some extent I make up for this with shoes - I routinely wear them round the house. As well as enjoying wearing the shoes I appreciate the opportunity to practice high stilettos, at least to some extent...busy housework will see me in ballerina pumps or even...men's slippers! I am fortunate to have an understanding wife. When I get home from work and typically change into men's casual clothes and women's shoes from my collection of over 100 pairs, she enjoys a quick try to guess the style and colour. She even does my make-up on the occasions when we have the time and space for me to go the whole hog. I share the desire of many (or all? :)) members to be able to stretch out outdoors for the challenge and enjoyment of walking any sort of distance in heels. I've done this a small number of times: * One Hallowe'en, my wife agreed to accompany me on a circuit round the block (that night I was answering the door to trick or treaters in full witch costume!). So in 5 inch Pleaser Seduce black patent stilettos, I did one circuit with her (uneventful) and then 2 on my own. The 2nd, I passed a lad who did a double take. The 3rd, as I was coming off the main road onto my street, 2 teenage girls were saying 'Is that a bloke?' and ran up to me. My 'excuse' was I was returning home from a fancy dress party which had been 'a good laugh'. They asked if the shoes were killing my feet, and had I borrowed them from my girlfriend? I'm 5 foot 8 inches tall and size UK 9 - I said I got them from Priceless for £10 (actually about £25 from an eBay site). * Following that, on lunch breaks from my workplace, I would practice those same shoes on the promenade by the river, with a plastic bag in my hand with my man shoes to change into should I spot someone walking my way... * After getting into this forum recently, I've done a little more outdoors. Today after work this evening I went away from my car, along the riverside, without any men's shoes in a bag as backup. I was only wearing 3 inch Mary Janes with a chunkier heel, but for the first time ever I clack-clacked past a man on one of the seats without changing to men's shoes first, and he could hardly have missed this on the quiet riverbank. I must admit I lost my nerve getting back to my car, where a lad close by was prowling back and forth (waiting for someone?). In the end when he was doing his 'back' stretch, I got to my car barefoot. But it's a start, today is the first time I've not changed to men's shoes the moment I saw someone. I have the Mary Janes and some high black stilettos stored in the under-floor compartments in my car for further opportunities...watch this space!

Welcome Paul, you sound similar to me as I also like to crossdress but my greatest interest is shoes. I have also had the man shoe bag with me. You should try out a busy shopping centre with your chunkier heels on, nobody really notices and its great fun. My wife is also wonderfully tolerant and wears high heels all the time so it's a double bonus. Welcome to the forum.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Hiya Paul, welcome to the forum. If you're not already a member why not try rosesforum.tv ? Just watch out for that Tara M bird, she's a bitch!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi Paul, And welcome, It really is true, just as Foxyheels says that the busier the place, the less you get noticed! And if someone notices, what are they actually going to say/do? Probably not a lot. If its someone you know, well that could have diffculties, otherwise they dont know you, you dont know them and they probably couldnt really care less what youve got on your feet. You will probably bring a smile to someones face and a story to talk about with their friends if you did get noticed...

Hi and welcome ! " I must admit I lost my nerve getting back to my car ... " what a feeling isn't it ! Enjoy it because as you'll get used to notice nobody will really care , this feeling will disapear by the time , and you'll miss to have this kind of adrenaline .

Thanks to all of you for the replies.

It's an interesting point that you get less noticed the busier the place you go. So far in my limited outdoor heeling I've tended to deliberately choose places with very few people about but I suppose you can blend into a crowd and you don't have to worry about other people appearing because they are already there!

As you say IBL70 enjoy the excitement when it's there. On the odd occasion I've been heeling outdoors it's exciting if a little scary and something to feel proud of afterwards. One day maybe it will feel 'normal' like for some site members who always step out in heels.

Thanks for rosesforum.tv link, didn't know that forum so will check it out.

Greeting PaulS and welcome to this forum :-)

What a nice introduction this was !

Don't worry. The more public heeling you will do, the easier it will get.

Start with a lower chunky heel and increase height slowly as you confidence grows.

Once you realize the fear is only in your head it will be much easier.

And as a bonus, it will be a lot of fun !

Happy heeling !