Hi Everyone

I am really pleased to find this forum, I have been wearing heels for about a year now, currently got 4 pairs of heeled pumps and 2 heeled boots. The wife tolerates them being in the house, but wont play ball with going out.... yet? I did buy some pairs on the internet, but have found that most shops dont give a damn about a guy trying on and buying heels. In fact some places are really helpful and have made good comments. I will try to get some pics on here as soon as I can.

welcome to the forum Heelman500 - sounds as though you have found your way with ease and we look forward to hearing from you. I would agree that most shops dont give a damn about a man buying heels - I think that most of us (well, me certainly) create the 'issues' ourselves by worrrying what others may think about us. With the support of this forum, I've been able to go in and buy heels for myself. Granted, I have not always been honest about why I'm buying them ... but I'm working on it! :)

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Partyshoes, you are right its all our own worries but now I just get on and shop for shoes. I had a long chat with the manager of a Barratts store, who told me that I would not believe how many men bought heels. That day I ended up with a pair of red 4.5 inch stilettos, having tried several pairs on in the shop. As she said at the endof the day they are there to sell shoes to any customer.

I would even suggest a man buying heels gets more help and attention from the sales staff when buying heels. I saw a lovely pair of boots in the sale the other day, they were a lower thigh high pair with stretchy leg hugging material. They had no zip so you had to slip your foot in them but not easy to get on and off. I was not sure if size 8 would fit as this particular retailer can run small in sizes. I didn't want to be seen struggling getting them on and off out on the shop floor (more worried about looking awkward getting them on rather than anyone seeing me in heels) so I asked a gorgeous young female assistant if I could try them on in the fitting rooms. She was very helpful showed me the way and ensured I was ok when I came out asking if they fit ok. She was at complete ease, helpful and had a wonderful smile. I had to buy them.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Welcome to the forum ! I confirm all women sales staff are always very helpfull with us . Even if they are here to sell , you often get a smile as a gift , and sometimes they encourage you wearing your heels in public too , saying they look nice on you and telling you : Who cares ? you owe nothing to people making comments , they don't pay your bills ... That's the remark i had last month when buying new boots . It gave me enough confidence and that day i left the shop with my new boots on , had to walk until i get back to my car , wasn't a long distance but was a great moment .