Wearing mules and nylons more comfortably?

benoittodd

I'm try to convince my girlfriend to wear mules (about 2" heel) with nylons more frequently, but she says they're very uncomfortable to walk in because her feet are constantly sliding. It's like there's no grip between the foot and the shoe.

What can she do so walking with mules and nylons is more comfortable? She usually wears this type of mule, and I love how they look with nylons: http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC1043455

Thanks.

I'm try to convince my girlfriend to wear mules (about 2" heel) with nylons more frequently, but she says they're very uncomfortable to walk in because her feet are constantly sliding. It's like there's no grip between the foot and the shoe.

What can she do so walking with mules and nylons is more comfortable? She usually wears this type of mule, and I love how they look with nylons: http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC1043455

Thanks.

My husband is the same as you. He loves me wearing mules with hosiery too.

I don't mind, although mules are probably the most difficult of high heels to walk in (ballet heels excepted....) - so adding something that takes away any kind of adhesion for my feet is really tricky.......

....So, we compromised. I wear them in bed.....with stockings.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

My husband is the same as you. He loves me wearing mules with hosiery too.

I don't mind, although mules are probably the most difficult of high heels to walk in (ballet heels excepted....) - so adding something that takes away any kind of adhesion for my feet is really tricky.......

....So, we compromised. I wear them in bed.....with stockings.

Gotta agree with pussyinboots on this one. I tried thigh highs with my first pair of mules once while surpising the little lady of the house one night. I had a hell of a time keeping my heel centered of the shoe. Seemed like my heel was always sliding off center. Even with bare feet, I have to really watch what I'm doing in these shoes. Haven't determined if it's the position of my foot, or how I'm walking in them yet, but I sure as hell don't want to fall of these mules. It's a good ways to the hardwood if I do.

http://www.ellieshoes.com/pic/673-Tux-large.jpg

Oh - and I paired them off with a set of vertical stripped black thigh highs and a pin strip mini, and a bow tie - - - Hmmmmm

I wasn't on my feet very long.

Gotta agree with pussyinboots on this one. I tried thigh highs with my first pair of mules once while surpising the little lady of the house one night. I had a hell of a time keeping my heel centered of the shoe. Seemed like my heel was always sliding off center. Even with bare feet, I have to really watch what I'm doing in these shoes. Haven't determined if it's the position of my foot, or how I'm walking in them yet, but I sure as hell don't want to fall of these mules. It's a good ways to the hardwood if I do.

http://www.ellieshoes.com/pic/673-Tux-large.jpg

Oh - and I paired them off with a set of vertical stripped black thigh highs and a pin strip mini, and a bow tie - - - Hmmmmm

I wasn't on my feet very long.

They are really naughty, and I'm sure that they looked fabulous with the outfit that you described!

There is a 'trick' to walking in mules......it's all in the toes.

If you try to walk in mules as naturally as you would a pair of pumps - i.e. heel first, then toes - you WILL end up with the back of your foot wobbling about and the shoes leaning at all kinds of crazy angles, the end result being they will come off and you trip over.

However, if you lightly 'squeeze' your toes against the inner sole of the mule, then you can control the shoe much better - and it helps keep them on. Then - just walk in the usual way. It becomes natural after a while, but you must still walk in them as you would any other high heel - heel down first, toes second. The 'squeeze' simply holds the shoes on your foot.

You will get toe cramps though......even I still do if I walk any distance in mules. However, the looks you get in them, especially in Summer with a nice tight mini-skirt - far outweigh the discomfort. Guys seem to be transfixed by a girl strutting her stuff in mules!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

"""There is a 'trick' to walking in mules......it's all in the toes."""

I knew there had to be a trick to it. I'll give it a trial run sometime this week and see how it goes. I'll let you know how if I get the hang of it.

Just an FYI - - They have plenty of padding, and are rather comfortable otherwise.

"""There is a 'trick' to walking in mules......it's all in the toes."""

I knew there had to be a trick to it. I'll give it a trial run sometime this week and see how it goes. I'll let you know how if I get the hang of it.

Just an FYI - -

That's how ALL shoes should be....sadly not in the present day of plastic and ever-changing fashions driven by profit, not style.

Good Luck! I'll be interested to hear how you get on....just don't try too hard that's all. It should just come to you naturally.