The Unexpected Pleasent Encounter

Asa Valen

For many years I have worn foot ware out of the normal scope of guys. Moccasin boot, Clogs, and Heels. I have received many reactions from people. from the snicker of insult, to the gaze of admiration and every thing in between. I would love to here from others some of there more unexpected pleasant encounters that have occurred while wearing there heels. The omg I heart your boots / shoes . To where can I find those. I have had some but to hear success stories make my heart sing. If you wish share your not so good encounters as well.

Probably the best and most surprising reaction was wearing a pair of BCBGirls ankle strap pumps to the mall, and while I got a few looks and smiles, one guy at a cell phone kiosk hollered "Nice shoes!", and when I stopped to thank him, he smiled and said "Those shoes rock!" If he was being sarcastic, he was certainly hiding it well, but hey, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was being sincere.

When KFSteve391 and I went to a charity high heel walk fund raiser we experienced a really great reaction. 150 or so women were cheering, hooting, and hollering for us as we walked before the judges in the best footware contest. The gal announcing actually said, "Wow, these guys walk better in heels than I do!" One of the judges, a guy in his late teens, pulled me aside after the contest and said, "Hey man, I voted for you." I don't wear heels publically much at all however these were the best reactions.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I used to wear my high-heel boots in public prior to the Sept. heel meet in Toronto, but not that frequently, and I was very cautious about where and when I wore them. Since then, I have gained a lot of confidence (thanks largely to iloveboots) and have been wearing 5" stiletto boots in public almost every day. I got my first haircut in high heels a couple of weeks ago, and cast my vote for mayor, city councilor and school councilor today during prime time, also wearing 5" stiletto boots...the hardwood floor in the school gym where my voting station was held was very loud under my feet, so there is no way that anyone there didn't notice my boots. Also, it has been at least 3 weeks since I have worn anything other than 5" heel stiletto boots to do my grocery shopping. I am also wearing them when I go to coffee shops, restaurants, malls, liquor stores and department stores. In fact, for at least 3 weeks now, I have only been removing my heels for sleeping, for work, and for golf. Now, getting to my point: With all that heel wearing (always highly visible), I have not had any significant reaction from anyone...male or female...positive or negative. I am glad to not have had any serious negative reactions, but I must confess that I am a bit jealous of the guys here who say that they are getting positive reactions (especially from ladies), as I have had none. Oh well, as stated, I guess I am happy to go relatively unnoticed.

Met up with another fellow heeler from here at a 'walk a mile in her shoes' event at a large state university. We were the only two middle aged gentlemen in amongst the slew of college guys. Since this is a charity event, I decided 'what the Hell - lets have some fun' and selected items I would probably never wear out in the general public.

I selected a pretty wild pair of Ellie heels with shiny mirror finish in fuscia (the middle pair here - > http://www.ellieshoes.com/pic/609-Gabby-large.jpg ) and some fishnet thigh highs from leg Avenue like these - - > http://www.bananashoes.com/images/D/LA9201-01-01.jpg along with a black denim wrap around 13" long mini skirt and the VS string bikini know one would ever see anyways. A plain T-shirt and a flannal shirt if the temps were low. No way was I really gonna try CD'ing it as my beard and hair fall into Lumberjack / back woods catagory - - Not fashionable.

Now consider that the farthest I had ever wore any heels higher than a 2" cowboy boot was maybe 100 yards beyond a house, so doing a mile was gonna be a real experiment.

I can tell you this, All the girls loved the look, took lots of pictures (mostly from the skirt down) and hooted and hollered the whole mile. I even ate lunch and chatted with some of the folks afterwords for about an hour in heels. Most of the girls wanted my shoes, and many commented that I walked better than they could in heels this high.

As for the mile - - up and down hills, stairs, cobblestone pavers - - and no problems at all.

I had a blast.