what heel you like best under slung or straight

miguelon1500

I'm concerned about what kind of hells are most popular for cowboy boots straight heels or under slung heels?

If you are an active and enthusiastic wearer of high heel boots yourself; this would make your question superfluous; or are you involved in some market research !

I've been wearing underslung / riding heels in mens western boots for about 40 years. Getting hard to find in the northerm Midwest. Seems they went to shorter straight chunky clunkers. That's why I'm heading to the womens department for my next pair of boots. Going over 2" heel this time.

I like the under slung heels, makes walking in them easier with a high heel.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Using this link as a sample guide (scroll to bottom) http://www.jbhilltexas.com/style_information.html

in general I'd probably prefer something like #4 or #5:

- #1 is almost motorcycle like

- #8 (at least in a cowboy boot) I'm not thrilled with

Particularly for cowboy boots, I'm especially not a fan of the heels that stick out past the vertical edge of the the back of the boot. Visually I think it looks awkward, not smooth at all. For someone who favors discretion (in heels I'd wear), I also think it draws way too much attention to them.

Using this link as a sample guide (scroll to bottom) http://www.jbhilltexas.com/style_information.html

in general I'd probably prefer something like #4 or #5:

- #1 is almost motorcycle like

- #8 (at least in a cowboy boot) I'm not thrilled with

Particularly for cowboy boots, I'm especially not a fan of the heels that stick out past the vertical edge of the the back of the boot. Visually I think it looks awkward, not smooth at all. For someone who favors discretion (in heels I'd wear), I also think it draws way too much attention to them.

For me, toe patterns 2,3,5.

Heels patterns 4 through 8

Getting harder to find these heel patterns locally. Heel style #1 at any height is the norm with the shorter styles most common.

And a timely example of a heel extending past the back of the boot. Defintely not a fan of it.

Walk in pair yet? If not it might change your mind.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Those heels are pretty normal for a cowboy boot, the extension keeps your spurs from falling down.

May be normal - - at one time.

I live in the rural sticks, and there isn't a pair to be found these days. Even the tack shops don't carry them anymore. Everything in the men's department is lower and chunky. Now if you walk to the next aisle over, there are at least 3 or 4 pair with the underslung heel that we saw 20 years ago in the mens aisle.

If I could find a pair like the ones 'onyourtoes' posted, I'd get them. (not a fan of trying to order online and get the wrong size) Then there is the other problem. I'm usually an 8D in mens western boots - - - Most shops don't go that small in anything.

Everything in the men's department is lower and chunky. Now if you walk to the next aisle over, there are at least 3 or 4 pair with the underslung heel that we saw 20 years ago in the mens aisle.

So we're relegated to buying "guy" cowboy boots with less than a one inch heel when guy's boots throughout the ages have sported heels upwards of five inches?

Hmmm Sounds like the fasion policianastia.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

So we're relegated to buying "guy" cowboy boots with less than a one inch heel when guy's boots throughout the ages have sported heels upwards of five inches?

Hmmm Sounds like the fasion policianastia.

And WHAT, say chance (forgive me for not translating it) are they doing about the French Riveriera?

Slap the issue back at you - I SUPPORT what's happening along the French Riviera.

So...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...

heels at the back of the shoe feel higher to walk in as they create more ankle movement in the step and and require more ankle flexibility on the forward leg when setting the foot down especially if the heels are high and it can sometimes make you walk a bit cumbersome and clumpy when the heel tip is more underslung they are easier to walk in but dont feel as high and you seem to be able to walk a lot more smoothly

heels at the back of the shoe feel higher to walk in as they create more ankle movement in the step and and require more ankle flexibility on the forward leg when setting the foot down especially if the heels are high and it can sometimes make you walk a bit cumbersome and clumpy

when the heel tip is more underslung they are easier to walk in but dont feel as high and you seem to be able to walk a lot more smoothly

Exactly. The chunky heel is a pain as far as walking any distance, but the underslung is a lot smoother. One of the reasons I don't like the straight chunky heels, and may be why the mens fashion folks keep lowering the heel height. Don't know.

Went to the local tack shop the other day, and was told they are pretty much getting out of the boot business since they rarely sell any boots to the male population anymore. Just a few womens boots which thay implied was mostly for country line dancing.

• 2 weeks later...