new sandals!

Trolldeg

Recieved these from Silhouette today:

Posted Image

a little snug, but I hope to break them in some. Unfortunately they are a little unstable on the heels. I don't know if I just have bad luck, but every pair of sandals I buy seem to have unstable/loose heels..? are sandals harder to make stable?

Hello Trolldeg! I don't know quite what you mean by 'unstable'. If you simply mean that the stiletto heels feel more wobbly, then I think we all find that sandals feel more wobbly than courts/pumps, but courts/pumps still feel more wobbly than boots because the more the shoe encloses the foot, the more it grips it. However, surely the 'wobbly' feel of the heels is all part of the fun isn't it? It certainly is for me!!! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

no, I mean that it feels like the heel is not as securely fastened to the rest of the shoe compared to pumps and boots. when I walk with these shoes it feels like the heel is "flexing in" under the arch with each step.

Yes, of course sandals are less stable, since they are more flexible without the stiffening of pump/court sides. Unless they are of the molded platform unit type, in which case they are quite rigid. That's why I prefer the molded heel/sole type.

• 4 weeks later...

ooooooooh those are nice. note the envy eminating from this post. I dont have a lot of experince with pumps as opposed to sandals (cant find pumps that fit) :lol: but I never really experienced the stability issues with those that I have. I do know the the sole flexes a lot, and there is a wobble when you walk.. but thats part of the attraction too

Recieved these from Silhouette today:

Posted Image

a little snug, but I hope to break them in some. Unfortunately they are a little unstable on the heels. I don't know if I just have bad luck, but every pair of sandals I buy seem to have unstable/loose heels..? are sandals harder to make stable?

I love the sandals Troll, nice choice. I wish I could wear them too. Giggle.

• 2 weeks later...
:lol: They look very much like the ones I got for my wife - from Veronicas, they have a 12,5-13cm heel - what do these have and what size are they? I'm "into" classic pumps and sandals, preferably black and shiny! My wife is a teacher too, but would not in her wildest dream, wear her HH sandals for work, but I don't care as long as she wear them for me! She have not been used to high heels. The highest before the 5½" sandals were 2-3", so she have some trouble walking gracefully in the new sandals, but she will learn! :lol:

"We don't stop playing because we get older - we get older because we stop playing" (with high heels - JayZee)