New Fetish?

Frantic

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I want to take the plunge so to speak, and speak my mind on a fetish that I have had for many many years, I am 25 years old now (Male BTW) and this fetish has been with me since I was about 15 years old I would say, maybe even longer, it started as a fascination when I was a kid, but turned into a fetish as I grew into a man. You all seem to be open minded and understanding on this forum, so even though I am very shy about talking about the fetish, I really really want peoples opinions, and to maybe even find other people who share the fetish, up until now I've never found anyone else to share it, or to have even heard of it before! and i've never found ANY info on the internet dealing with it. My fetish is, Handbags, leather handbags, the site of a woman carrying a leather handbag is a HUGE turn-on for me :lol: It has been for many years now, I have no idea WHY, but it is, I have given up trying to understand why (who really knows WHY with fetishes anyway?) and have just decided to go with it and live with it, is there ANYONE else out there who shares the fetish!? or who has heard of it before?? Thanks for reading and (hopefully) understanding.

I have a theory as to how your fetish started. You probably saw syndicated reruns of 50s and 60s comedy shows in which men are hit over the head with leather handbags. The women almost always wear spike heeled pumps, white gloves, and pillbox hats. The bespectacled women wear cat's eye glasses similar to Dame Edna's.

Michael

Do you have any of these handbags yourself? Or, do you have the desire to carry one in public while engaging in your everyday activitiy? -- Most men heel wearers want to wear heels as their regular shoes just like women do.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Frantic;

Although I am also a fetishist (high heel pumps), I never heard of anyone with a leather handbag fetish before. I tried searching on the internet for more information to help you but what I found was sparse. I did find a message board that had a small thread about others with a handbag fetish.

Check out :

http://www.pantyhosefinder.com/cgi-bin/robboard.cgi?action=display&num=1091

Although I believe I know how I developed my high heel fetish, I could not come up with a reason why you are into handbags. I would suggest you reach into your memory for your most earliest "encounter" and try to remember some of the surrounding circumstances. That is how I analyzed my own situation.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Hi Peoples and thanks for the replies! nice to find such an understanding bunch of people!

No, I don't actually own a handbag of my own right now, but I did have one once, but I got rid of it as I was worried about my then girlfriend finding it, I'd have had a hard time explaining that one away. I bought a very nice looking leather shoulder bag, to see what it felt like to have one of my own, and it was quite exciting, but not as exciting as I thought it'd be, I have never really had the desire to wear a handbag myself, I'm not into cross-dressing, and the thought of Handbags being "acceptable" for men to wear in public is NOT appealing to me in any way! in fact I think it'd cure me of my fetish! I think one of the reasons that having my own handbag wasn't as big a thrill as I'd hoped was because it was "mine" and not belonging to a sexy women, I love and respect women very much, and as much as I do find the handbags themselves a big turn on, it's the site of a sexy women with the handbag that really does it for me, I think if I had a handbag that I knew belonged to a sexy women, rather than just a brand new one I'd bought myself from a shop, it might be more thrilling, but don't worry, I'm not going to turn into a bag snatcher or something!! no way.

Anyway, It's kinda hard to talk about as I don't really understand the fetish and it's hard to find the words to explain how I feel about it.

But thanks for the reply's and thanks for the link! although I'm not sure that's a conversation I want to/should interrupt! but it sure is nice to know I'm not the only one out there with this fetish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm .... you find something new every day ! Must admit that I'm looking around for a shoulder bag that is elegant, leather (because I think plastic looks cheap and tacky) and big enough to carry a spare pair of shoes. There were some bags for guys in the fashion magazines a while back, but at £350 they could go to hell !!!! Before now I have used my briefcase to carry spare shoes. I remember the time I went to the Science Museum in London, just after the start of Gulf War 2. Security had been stepped up and everyones bag was being searched. The security guys had an eye-opener when they found my blue suede 5" Fuss stils in a shoe box. The girl asked me if they were my size and I said 'but of course .... however these are easier to walk in for a long time', said I hitching up my leather pants to reveal 4" block ankle boots. Xa

Hi Frantic, I have never heard of a handbag fetish, but I think it's possible to have a fetish for pretty much anything. As far as I know, there is no explanation for what causes fetishes, so it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of - there is nothing immoral or unnatural about it. It may be unusual, but so what? To each his own. Everyone has something that turns them on. And I think everyone on this board who has a fetish for shoes can understand the feelings you get from handbags. But it is interesting to me that although you like to see handbags on women, you have no interest in carrying one yourself. I love seeing high heeled shoes on women, but I also get a thrill from wearing them. I guess it's the mystery of fetishes - they are different for everyone. But the way I look at fetishes is: it's not something you choose, it's just something you have - it's just who you are. So anyone who would make fun of you for it is an idiot - he's no different than someone who would make fun of you for being taller or shorter than him, or having a bigger nose, or a different skin color. And do you really care what an idiot thinks? The opinions of irrational people like that are meaningless. (You CAN make fun of people for being irrational - because that IS something they choose! :lol: )

"No matter what they say"

Many people have different kind of fetishes. I have a friend crossdresser who her fetish are panties than anything, another one who loves just pantyhose, a third friend who loves leather gloves. So it wont surprise me you love handbags, however there is always a feeling why it turns you on. In ourselves we intend to have weak hormones of having something excited to feel what we love to enjoy. In my case I love heels, I feel sexy wearing them. It wouldnt surprise me either of hearing another guy who would love to wear women hats, althought it could happen. :drinking:

In ourselves we intend to have weak hormones of having something excited to feel what we love to enjoy

Fetish isn't about hormone. Fetishes are developped in the childhood when an chocked event occured. For my high heel passion, At 3-4 years old I saw a movie that a woman (a doctor) losing thier white high heel while she climb a ladder (I want to know the title of that movie). After then, I try pumps of my mother and I devop my high heels fetish. Same for pantyhose. One day, I saw a girl friend wearing pantyhose and I was totally impressed. So, when I return back at home, my mother leaves a pair of pantyhose in the bathroon. I was totally curious, so I put them on me. I really like this experience and I develop my pantyhose fetish.

If I don't discover that, today, I will not try and talk about high heels and pantyhose right now. :lol: Hopefully, those events occured to me :lol: Thanks!

Dim: Maybe I didnt express myself in better way of saying. When I meant we have weak hormones, I meant that some of us carry more female hormones than male hormones or viceversa. It's not the case of turning into a female or being gay or lesbian. There are many cases that affect our body. It doesnt have to be with anything you saw a movie when you were a childhood, that comes in your blood and no way of changing. Same way happens with some people who wants to change sex gender ( and no because they saw the movie the " The Hot Chic " ) just joking. :lol:

Perhaps...After thinking a bit about the subject, I'm a man who his fetish are high heels and pantyhose. For a while, I was thinking to purchase and try a skirt? I'm not a crossdresser, I am a man who wears men clothes, but I'm attracted to try a skirt. I don't know why? Perphaps you right Tahira.

Perhaps...After thinking a bit about the subject, I'm a man who his fetish are high heels and pantyhose. For a while, I was thinking to purchase and try a skirt? I'm not a crossdresser, I am a man who wears men clothes, but I'm attracted to try a skirt.

Depending on who you talk to, merely wearing the shoes makes you a cross-dresser in their eyes :-(. I don't know where the line is drawn that makes a man a cross-dresser/transvestite, is it underwear (in which case Mr Beckham would qualify!) or is it outerwear (blouse, skirt, dress)?

I actually bought a skirt and pair of tights at the same time as I bought my first pair of heels - it seemed the obvious thing to do. Over time I bought bra's, knickers, tops, more skirts, a coat, a handbag, jewellry, a wig and then makeup. All because I wanted to go out wearing heels and I felt the only way to do this was to look like a woman.

I went out dressed three times and all were nightmarish trips (my neighbour spotted me the second time, as I reversed out of my drive straight into the full beam of his headlights as he was pulling into his!). In the end it all ended up in the dumpster and I'm glad in a way. I tried it and didn't enjoy it.

I still wear skirts, tops and underwear to enhance the high heel wearing but I don't ever want to try to look like a woman again because (from what I've learnt here) it is perfectly OK for me to wear heels in public and still be dressed as a man (well, OK in the eyes of the people on this forum at least!).

Have fun shopping for the skirt. I spent nearly an hour on Monday in New Look thumbing thro' their Discounted racks. Got some funny looks from the security guard though but I think this was because he thought I was going to do a runner :lol:

Zathrus