Hi!

hello to all, I have lurked around on the site for a while and I think it's really cool that a forum like this is around for heel lovers from many different locations. I look forward to sharing my experiences with the group and contributing to the discussions. Thanks!

hello to all, I have lurked around on the site for a while and I think it's really cool that a forum like this is around for heel lovers from many different locations. I look forward to sharing my experiences with the group and contributing to the discussions. Thanks!

welcome to hhplace, smilin_guy :) Why not introduce yourself to everyone and tell us about your interest in high heels?

:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the welcome! There's not really all that much to me...right now I'm a graduate student studying computer science and I work as a systems developer, primarily in Java but I also do some PHP programming as freelance work. If there's anyone on the site who knows their programming I'd very much like to bounce ideas, especially as I'm still developing my PHP skills. My interest in heels goes back to my early 20's, but I have only started publicly wearing them for about 2 years. I don't want to get too deep into my thoughts yet, but while footwear is a key component in putting an outfit together, I believe that it is only one piece to the ensemble; that is to say that I wouldn't wear heels just to wear them and that I put thought into the rest of what I am going to wear. Ideally I'd like to call myself a fashion-forward thinker but I think that there are a lot of people, men and women, far ahead of me in that area:smile: I was a little hesitant to join the board as I have seen streaks of posts from time to time that leaned toward a strict sexual, fetish kind of thing...not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just that my interest focuses outside that domain. After some more digging it looks like the HHPlace community as a whole works hard to curb that. With that said, I look forward to interacting with the group and making new friends!

My interest in heels goes back to my early 20's, but I have only started publicly wearing them for about 2 years.

Where, and how often do you wear heels in public? Do you wear them to school, work, or just around the house? And, how do others react to you when wearing high heels?

Perhaps you can add some critical advice to those some of our members that want to wear their heels in public but are afraid of the negative reaction they believe they would get.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Welcome to High Heel Place. You will feel right at home here with your enjoyment of high heels. Hope to hear more from you soon. Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions concerning high heels and welcome again.

Where, and how often do you wear heels in public? Do you wear them to school, work, or just around the house? And, how do others react to you when wearing high heels?

The only place I have not worn my heels out to is my current workplace, and that's mostly out of respect for office decorum. I have worn most of my collection out to class, shopping, running errands, out to clubs or bars, etc. During the summer I usually live in my sneakers but now that the cooler weather is coming the boots and pumps will come out more:silly:

From my experience, I have received some strange looks and snarky comments but I have also received a lot of compliments also, from men and women. Honestly, I don't think I'm in a position to offer advice, but I guess I can say that my perspective is to think beyond the shoe when thinking an outfit through and to be prepared for anything.

What are your thoughts, and what advice would you offer?

Thanks for your input!

Greetings smilin_guy, Yes you are fashion forward for sure, and good on you for just doing it and being who you are. I agree with a bigger picture, the whole look. What else do wear in your outfit? heels of course but what else? I am sure you have put together some good pieces to make it all work. Each area is different with local customs and or not. Rural or bigger cities. I think in a bigger center you have more choice and availability to be creative with acceptance. And being a student I think helps as well. Look forward to hearing more from you, Enjoy HH Place, Mtnsofheels

Heya smilin_guy ... i really appreciate the thoughts you were sharing with us, which are similar to mine - except my english is much worse, so i struggle most of the times to describe what i really mean (*args*, again, hope you understand anyway).

I'm also interested in fashion and like the term you coined - fashion-forward thinker. :) I really like the newmalefashion-blog, which you probably know already.

So nice to have you here and a warm welcome. Cheers Dante.