wearing heels for charity

wetwillie

I did the walk Saturday. About 100 guys (mostly students) participated. I had a great time being out in 4 inch heels. The sad part was I ruined my shoes when I had to stop short when the guy in front of me lost a shoe, badly scuffing the top of one of my shoes.

Heelster, thanks for joining us. It was nice to have someone my age there.

I tried to upload a photo, but it wouldn't load. I'll try later.

It was an interesting event to say the least. Wasn't many older dudes there - I believe it was only three of us non-college guys there. I know I went a bit overboard in my choice of shoes and attire, but I did leave the shorter skirt and higher heels away as I figured that might just be a bit too much given the crowd. The college girls seemed to like us a bit, and I know they wanted to know where I got my shoes.

All in all it what a hoot. I did get some discomfort with some pain in the ball of my one foot, but that didn't seem to last too long. I know I was kinda looking to get through it all at one point hence the reason I kinda just took off. I kinda think the 'Pretzel girls' were attempting to catch me off guard as the tossed the bag in front of me on the ground in an attempt to see how I handled picking them up - - no problem.

Would I do it again - hec yes. Maybe I'll wear the pair in my avatar and the super short denim shirt next time.

I tried to find out more information on an upcoming walk later this month and sent an email to the person who was listed as the contact, to find out more about it, such as where exactly the walk takes place. At first, I got a reply asking me if I am a student and if not, how else I found out about it. After replying, I was asked to call that person to get the requested information. Honestly, to me this sounds like they want to find out why I would be interested in joining, potentially to rule out that men who walk with heels more often than just for these events show up. Did anyone else have such an experience here? How did you guys find out about the details of these walks, besides inquiring via the contact info given on the website?

Heelma; I take it that the event you were looking to attend was being held at a college/university and most likely sponsored by a greek womens organization. The Cincinnati event was on campus, and was sponsored by 'greek women' and was also promoted outside the campus although I don't know how they did it. Since a local radio station was present (WKRQ 101.9 FM), I would assume they may have promoted this event to some degree. I did talk with a couple of the girls who were working the event (I believe one was the chairperson) of which they expressed appreciation for outsiders. The general implication was that they were attempting to reach out beyond the campus in an effort to gather more participants. This was their second year, and they actually had the blessing of the UC officials to promote this event through the national organization. Seems they may have stepped over their bounds in the past. University of Cincinnati is big on community service. A large portion of the 'greek guys' also received credit toward their requirements (which means the UC officials had to at least reviewed and approved the charity and event) As for any anomosity - I didn't seem to get any. From what I saw, Seems wetwillie and I were kinda 'way out there' from a visual standpoint - - I know they couldn't miss me. I stood out in this crowd. Some of the girls wanted their picture with me, hiding my face just wasn't gonna happen even though I attempted to in some cases. I know there is a picture out there somewhere with wetwillie and myself with some of the girls. Give them a call. See if they have outside sponsor/promotion. If nothing else, just show up with money in hand and heels on your feet. Can't see them turning away donations to a charity.

I tried to find out more information on an upcoming walk later this month and sent an email to the person who was listed as the contact, to find out more about it, such as where exactly the walk takes place.

At first, I got a reply asking me if I am a student and if not, how else I found out about it. After replying, I was asked to call that person to get the requested information.

Honestly, to me this sounds like they want to find out why I would be interested in joining, potentially to rule out that men who walk with heels more often than just for these events show up.

Did anyone else have such an experience here? How did you guys find out about the details of these walks, besides inquiring via the contact info given on the website?

I participated in a walk recently that I founf out about from a member here at High Heel Place. What you describe above is similar to what I went through to participate in the walk. I have to admit that it was not publisized very much locally and there was very little media coverage. It is a shame because it is for a very good cause and there was a very good turn out for the walk.

Gentlemen: Here is a thought to toss around. Instead of a dinner and shopping heel event, what about a charity event. Not sure if a group of guys could pull this off, but it would sure pull in those who wouldn't otherwise attend - - - - just a random thought. (Tech - move to another thread if you feel it)

I tried to find out more information on an upcoming walk later this month and sent an email to the person who was listed as the contact, to find out more about it, such as where exactly the walk takes place.

At first, I got a reply asking me if I am a student and if not, how else I found out about it. After replying, I was asked to call that person to get the requested information.

Honestly, to me this sounds like they want to find out why I would be interested in joining, potentially to rule out that men who walk with heels more often than just for these events show up.

Did anyone else have such an experience here? How did you guys find out about the details of these walks, besides inquiring via the contact info given on the website?

I did find a reference to the Cincy event here;

http://www.wkrq.com/2010/09/28/walk-a-mile-in-her-shoes-

So it was probably mentioned on air since this station has a pretty big following in the area. So far, I don't see any photo blog entries from the event

edit: Blog entry found - limited pictures

http://blog.wkrq.com/index.php?blog=6&s=walk+a+mile+in+her+shoes

Funny thing about that blog entry. It said that the radio personality, Jeff, participated in the walk. My wife was there when those pics were shot. He put on a pair of heels and walked down some stairs, they took the shots, then heels came off. He never actually did the walk.

Funny thing about that blog entry. It said that the radio personality, Jeff, participated in the walk. My wife was there when those pics were shot. He put on a pair of heels and walked down some stairs, they took the shots, then heels came off. He never actually did the walk.

I wondered about that. Didn't recall seeing him out there on the walk, but hey - - if he paid up, and helped promote - works for me.

I wondered about that. Didn't recall seeing him out there on the walk, but hey - - if he paid up, and helped promote - works for me.

That happened at the event I walked in. Two local celebrities put on heels for the camera, then took them off before the walk. But like you said at least they promoted the event.

Did a Walk a Mile in her Shoes Friday in Hendersonville NC. There were about 50 men that walked even a few kids. I wore a pair of Seduce 431 shoes with a pair on pantyhose and fishnets on top of the hose, a black sweater dress, red belt, red purse and red wig. There were about 10 that wore dresses or skirts and wigs. A few had on make up and hose , no make up for me. The walk was only about .3 miles and the raise 14,286 dollars for the event. A couple of women said I had great legs and one asked if I had shaved my legs which I didn't. The hose and the fishnets hide the hairs. I plan on doing this next year.

Did a Walk a Mile in her Shoes Friday in Hendersonville NC. There were about 50 men that walked even a few kids. I wore a pair of Seduce 431 shoes with a pair on pantyhose and fishnets on top of the hose, a black sweater dress, red belt, red purse and red wig. There were about 10 that wore dresses or skirts and wigs. A few had on make up and hose , no make up for me. The walk was only about .3 miles and the raise 14,286 dollars for the event. A couple of women said I had great legs and one asked if I had shaved my legs which I didn't. The hose and the fishnets hide the hairs. I plan on doing this next year.

Very good. Sounds like you have some great looking legs! As for me, I always shave my legs or have them waxed. Always look better that way, especially when sun-tanned!