Older Women- Views about Springolators

Hi, Would some women who wore Springolators back in the 60s and 70s tell me how it felt in wearing them opened toes, five inch narrow heels, backless type of shoes ? Was it comfortable to walk in them ? Did it attracted alot of attention in public ? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm older, but not a woman and my 1st pair of heels were springolators as mentioned in my introductory post a few day ago. A short time thereafter, I noticed, rather intently, two young women who wore them very regularly. I can say from having watched them closely, they had no trouble walking, even rapidly up steps. Those memories are etched-in. UPBy5

• 2 weeks later...

If you are really interested, search back through the archives and you'll find a rather large thread about "Springolators" that should answer most of your questions and point out where you can still purchase them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Springolators are not an old lady shoe. they are timeless eternal works of art for m'lady's feet. I am trying to get info on copyrights and factory costs to have them brought back, made in mexico (they use real leather). I think it's doable if the market is global. Women love wearing them and men love the look and sound, unless they're aliens. Magical bewitching footwear.

• 3 months later...

HI, I like to get hold of you to compare and share notes and experiences. Thanks for sharing. Springolators were hot looking pair of shoes. Do you have some interesting memories about wearing them in public >? Thanks for sharing the info. Do you enjoy seeing them ? Those springolators were hot looking. Anyone with similiar interests?

• 2 months later...

I recall that my mom had two pairs of mules with the "springolator" elastic web that ran from just behind the toes to the middle of the sole. Its purpose was to keep the the heel part of the shoe close to the bottom of her foot. It did a good job of doing so but the elastic web became streched out but the shoe still held onto her foot. Now there are lots of mules that do not have the springolators but the shoe stays on. I often wear one myself with my crutches without any problems. And since I am in a warm climate, I can wear one year round.

• 1 year later...