Cultural Shoes

Cinnamon

Let's face it. Shoe fashion is all about WOMEN's shoes. The trade journals, like Footwear News, give 90% of the space to women's shoes, 5% to men's shoes, and 5% to children's shoes. I don't expect a lot of men to be in the show, but if they are, and they're wearing men's shoes, it's going to be a very boring part of the show, right? If they're wearing women's heels, then it could be interesting, and might even popularize the idea and help us get respect. I won't hold my breath, though. Anyone seen the show or know about it? Steve

Let's face it. Shoe fashion is all about WOMEN's shoes. The trade journals, like Footwear News, give 90% of the space to women's shoes, 5% to men's shoes, and 5% to children's shoes. I don't expect a lot of men to be in the show, but if they are, and they're wearing men's shoes, it's going to be a very boring part of the show, right? If they're wearing women's heels, then it could be interesting, and might even popularize the idea and help us get respect. I won't hold my breath, though. Anyone seen the show or know about it?

Steve

I'm sure the dance numbers will be very good and I'm sure there will be some nice high heels displayed. But I have to agree with Steve. In the clip, it looked like the men dancing were dancing in men's dance shoes while the women wore high heels. In two recent videos submitted by some of our members, the Lady Gaga and Kylie Minogue videos showed men dancing in very high stiletto heels. It was different, interesting, and the sight of seeing men dancing in women's high heels was fun to see.