Laminate flooring

Highheeljim

Hi folks, laminate flooring, looks great but I hate it. I am currently working in amsterdam and my company has given me an apartment to use whilst I am here. As usual I packed away a few pairs of heels so that I could relax away the evenings. Unfortunetly the owner of the apartment has laminated every square inch of the place.. The heels I have brought with me are new and very high spiked heels so you can imagine the sound they make on the floor. also the flooring its so slippery as to be deadly. LOL, plus there is a note in the apartment and I quote :- "could you please ask your contact to tell the people who stay here not to wear high heeled shoes on the flor!!" So the next assignment I take I will have to check the small print lol. ok thats my rant for the week HHjim

Wow, too bad for you. I guess you should have read the fine print (LOL). I do know some friend of mine are so particular about their flooring, they won't allow you to wear any shoes across their floors or carpets. Well I hope everything works out the best for you.

Highheeljim, You could get a few yards/meters of carpet to throw-down as rugs for the usual paths you use or want to access. Also I have heard there are heel tip covers you can get to cushion the tips from damaging the floor. I suppose most shoe repair shops would carry the tip covers. Hope these suggestions help you in being able to wear your heels in your circumstance!

^^ Yeah....like, I ALWAYS think about what floors I'll be walking on when I buy a new pair of high heels!:wave::)

Seriously, problems like this were more relevant when stilettos came with metal tips already fitted. Nowadays the tips are generally plastic, which are only fit for one wearing before they're destroyed and need replacing.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I feel with you. On the other hand you could be in a worse city with this problem. The best solution is to spend a few Saturday afternoons expanding your collection. There are some shops that specialize in big sizes and they themselves say that men are their main customers for the very big sizes. Hence you should not feel shy. They have seen it all. (cannot look in the phonebook for the names at the moment because I am 'on the road' for a few weeks. If you need help, send a pm in two weeks). Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Look on ebay for these - "clean heels stiletto heel protectors". a sort of plastic mushroom shaped thing that slips on the heel tip/shaft. Various sizes, if in doubt go next up as I found their 7-9 mm are very tight on 7mm heel.

Not pretty but save noise and surface damage and importantly allows to to enjoy your heels.

Hi Thanks for the advice folks, My main problem with the flooring is that its so slippy, and when wearing six inch heels you would have to be very careful. and besides I do not want to run the risk on damaging the floor . I will pop into town tomorrow and buy a pair of rubber soled wedges, LOL any excuse to go shoe shopping HHJim

How about testing to see whether your heels damage the floor or not ? Modern floor laminates are pretty hard and tolerate the average heel pretty well. If your heel tip is 9 mm diameter or more (which covers most heels sold these days) and the heel tip is plastic and in good condition, most decent quality laminates will show no sign of damage. Both my wife and I wear heels on our laminates at home without any damage. Thinner heels, metal tipped heels, damaged heels, lower heels (lower heels transfer more weight to the heel and less to the forefoot) and softer wooden flooring are the recipe for damage. If your test shows your heels cause damage I suggest you EITHER have some fun and go out shopping for a new pair with slightly thicker heels OR take your heels outside and walk in public (much more fun) OR go ahead and walk on the floor (providing your won't get stung for loss of security deposit) then blame it on your "girlfriend" , because it can't be you because men don't wear heels ..right ? :wave:

The house I had before I moved up here had laminate floors throughout the downstairs, and when the estate agent was showing me round she explained that it was designed to be hard-wearing. Without thinking I asked if that meant it was stiletto-proof. :wave: As it turned out, even my metal-tipped heels didn't mark it but they did make a lot of noise!

Hi Thanks for the advice, I will not test the floor as its not mine and so I will respect the owners wishes., I will just have to go shoppiing :wave: I was in the out skirts of Oslo during february and march. I packed with me two pairs of high heeled sandals, only to find that it was down to minus 29 degress and five foot snow drifts, i must of had a blond moment. HHjim