Leatherworks sizing

LP_____

hey everyone,

as i already mentioned in my introduction thread that i registered here because i / we need some help with the sizing of leatherworks's products. their support was not that great. they reply once in a week or not at all. also it seems that they did not even try to response. i am just telling you the circumstances. i do not want to talk bad about them or damage their reputation.

we are interested in knee and thigh boots. we just own a pair of rimba. maybe you know that company. they stopped producing shoes a few years ago. it is a thigh boot and the size is UK9. the boot does not fit, so we thought trying an UK8 with this product http://www.leatherworks-footwear.co.uk/Thigh-Boots/KB07Z.html

also we have trouble to compare the UK and EU sizes. there are so many sources and each says something different. UK9 = EU 42/42,5/43. that is what we picked up.

we already thought f*** the money, just buy UK8.

here are my questions:

does anyone has experiences with that boot especially or with the products in general?

do the shoes fit larger or smaller, wider or narrower?

does the size of the heel play a role? we thought of 14cm / 5,5''.

would it be helpful when i post the measurements of the foot?

thank you very much and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

kind regards,

mike

In my experience, Leatherworks sizes always run small. I take a UK Size 5, EU 38, and have 5 pairs of their sandals and mules. All of them are tight fits. However, I also have a pair of the clear PVC lace-up boots in a Size 6, and they are a perfect fit! So, I would say that if you are in any doubt, you can go up a size for a comfortable fit.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Hi Mike, I made the experience both with the now defunct Little Shoe Box and Leatherworks boots that they generally run one size small. Usually a size 38EU relates to a size 5UK. In this case you should buy a size 6UK from Leatherworks and you will be fine. If you are wearing a size 43EU which should be a 9UK, order a 10UK instead. Sandals can have another fit but for boots the height of the heel in conjunction with the style of the toe box requires one size larger. Good luck with Leatherworks. Have fun, manoleat P.S.: If you would like to have a german version of this statement send me a PM.

Go up half or one whole size with their boots. I guess it depends on the shape of your toes. I have quite slim feet and I am a UK 7 or 8 womens. I bought a UK 7.5 in Leatherworks boots code K5B04 (see attached). They fit fine and the tight toes have become more comfotable after a few wears. I know what you mean about their communication 'skills' It took us ages to get a response from them and one of their published email addresses never worked. Good luck, Ben

post-9545-133522910224_thumb.jpg

hey, thank you for all the helpful replies. well, i mentioned that we own a pair of thigh boots manufactured by rimba (located in the netherlands). i guess you do not know that company in order to help me comparing the sizes (?) i too mentioned that we have so much trouble to compare UK and EU sizes. here UK9 is EU42 and there it is EU43, you know. the rimba boot, UK9, does not fit perfect. we think it is one size too big/great (i do not get the word), because you are sliding within it, but you can wear it though. so, we thought of an UK8. you say now that leatherworks sizes run small. therefore UK9 could fit. if not you can exchange it. am i right? their returns policy says you do get the opportunity to exchange the product. do they make another pair for free then? i really cannot believe that. thanks again, mike

If they are not made to order they would take the boots back for sure and send you the next size. But you still have to pay the postage so you better avoid that. I assure you that if you are wearing a size 42EU in flat shoes a size 9UK Leatherworks high heel boot will fit. You should not try to compare your fit in Rimba boots with the possible fit in Leatherworks boots.

If they are not made to order they would take the boots back for sure and send you the next size. But you still have to pay the postage so you better avoid that. I assure you that if you are wearing a size 42EU in flat shoes a size 9UK Leatherworks high heel boot will fit.

You should not try to compare your fit in Rimba boots with the possible fit in Leatherworks boots.

do you mean made to measure? i just would go to their online store and pick our favorite one. no special order.

we think we will order a cheaper pair first, before buying the thigh boot.

thanks for your help though.

• 1 year later...

The owner of Skyscrapers told me they were istill in business, as he was still getting stock from them, and he's still selling new stuff on his ebay account. He also told me that they were quite erratic with orders. Some orders would ship quickly, others would take months. I advise buying Leatherworks shoes through a reseller like Laszivo. Because they only make you pay once they have the shoes in stock. No risky payment up front.