Ordinary Places

Magickman

This post is directed to folks who will wear their high heels only in the house, or out on a lonely dark street. Ordinary places are just fine for wearing high heels, without danger or distraction. By ordinary places, I mean at the supermarket, discount store, hardware, bakery, tavern, or library. In other words, any place you might frequently visit. Many high heelers seem to live within a culture of fear. But really, there is nothing to be afraid of. 3", 4" or taller, it matters little. Other people are wrapped up in their own concerns, and don't have time to worry about your shoes. If you enjoy the wearing of high heels, why not partake of your passion, and wear them out and about. Nobody else cares. Really.

same thing happens to me, kfsteve391, I'd be walking past & sometimes notice a person doing a "quickie" stare for a second or 2, really no big deal in my book.

Based on personal experience, I generally agree with the sentiment of this thread. Guys normally wear such boring shoes that nobody bothers to notice even if you happen to be wearing something exciting. People are so accustomed to seeing the same old sneakers or wing-tips or loafers or whatever on mens' feet that they have given up looking. That said, occasionally somebody will be paying a little more attention -- but even if you are noticed, the consequences are rather unremarkable. On a recent outing, my travels took me to an Office Max store. I needed some computer gear at a late hour and I was wearing my beloved Fitzwell Fallara boots from several years back. They have 3" wedge-type heels and they are not overly egregious. They do, however, make a quite noticeable heely sound when I walk on hard surfaces. There were two women running the store, one probably in her fifties and the other more like in her thirties. The younger woman was running the till at the front of the store while the older woman was helping customers (although due to the late hour and a raging snowstorm there were not many). She greeted me at the door and I saw her eyes dart toward my feet. I knew I was "made" and after she directed me toward the merchandise I was seeking, I am positive that she passed her observations on to the younger woman. I could feel both their eyes on me as I approached the registers and completed the transaction. As I left the store with my purchases, my heels making their tell-tale sounds the whole way, I knew both were watching. But throughout the experience neither said a word to me regarding my boots. You don't want to make a paying customer feel too uncomfortable, after all. I saw a couple of glances between them (I'm sure they did not know I was aware) but they treated me as I would expect to be treated. And I am hoping, perhaps wishfully, that I loosened a brick or two in a couple of mental walls that evening. After all -- let's face it -- we don't wear heels to blend in with the crowd now, do we?

Have a happy time!

JMC, when you take into account that you ventured forth late on the eve during severe snow storm to frequent their store, what other kind of footwear would be more appropriate? :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.