random question ???

little gem

hi guy's, this is a random question for you and would love to see your different thoughts. if you could go any where wearing your heels where would it be and why? my husband wanted to go to a bowling ally wearing his boots and on changing his boots for bowling shoes seeing the reaction on the persons face. we have done this and there was a guy behind the counter and at first he didnt really show a reaction which was good. we are thinking of the next thing to do any ideas? cant wait to hear from you bye for now :blinkbigeyes:

I have been wearing women's shoes exclusively for the past 15 years or so, every day in public as my "normal" footwear. While most of the time I usually wear penny loafer style shoes and boots with 4" heels, I have also worn my J-Lo boots, and many different pairs of pumps with heels from 4" to 6" high without the least bit of problems. The past 3 or 4 weeks, during a period of most unusually cold weather, I have been wearing a couple of different pairs of boots. One pair, Nine West black ankle boots with 4" wedge heels and a pair of Enzo Angolini black ankle boots with 4" semi stiletto heels. As far as reaction goes, unless someone actually approaches me and remarks about my heels, I do not even look to see if there ever are any and I wear my heels everywhere.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I always try to think of the various possible outcomes. I've gone through airport security wearing four inch platform boots, and got nary a glance from the folks around. But I've seen plenty of negative reactions from folks here and there. Whether they do anything but grimace depends on the situation, so I try to play it out in a way that they won't have any options. If I'm wearing flashier boots, I make sure I'm going out/traveling with friends. I notice that when one is part of a group, those with negative reactions are not likely to intrude. However, if you're alone, the hostile ones might take things further. Confidence has a lot to do with it; if you stride around like you own the world, people are likely to believe it and leave you alone. That said, I'm not going to wear high heels to a cage fight or monster truck event; that's asking for testosterone fueled trouble.

Personally I just want to wear my heels any where any time whether its shopping, out to dinner, hanging out with friends or family. I'm not looking to have anyone to notice but I know that it's inevitable that someone will. I just want feel comfortable enough to go about my daily life wearing the boots that I choose. It's and interesting question and I'm curious to see others responses. Jim

I have always wanted to go to a shopping mall in my boots. Some people wear their heels at malls to be seen. But for me it is not practical, because there will be a lot of walking involved. Although I have made big strides and increased my daytime heeling, going out in public in boots is still a challenge for me. But in my own dream world, if I could go anywhere in boots with no negative reactions, stares, double takes, or even foot pain, it would be a mall.

Hi little_gem, I would just like to be able to wear heels every day as part of my daily life. You girls just don't realise how lucky you are just being able to put heels on and go out! I just don't see why there has to be such a stigma attached to it, even a lot of the experienced heelers on here will not have told their friends and family - why should it be such a big deal? They're just shoes! Spiker.

Howdy, Good question. We have a couple of really nice open air malls around the Phoenix Area, Desert Ridge and Tempe Marketplace. I see so many gals wearing awesome shoes at these malls and I always marvel at what it would be like to do it too. Later, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!