Honda's new add..

Observing the same thing I figure they weighted the tires. Which would explain the reason they rolled to a certain point, then settled into position. I've seen the same thing happen a few times, balancing is our family business :wink:

(formerly known as "JimC")

Hay... it took over 600 takes in order for it to work the way they wanted. Lets not get to analytical here. But I am quite sure that they spent a lot of time on the tires in order for it to work. For all we know there might have been indentions in the ramp for the tires to settle in after they bumbed each other. One thing for sure....a lot more gray hairs must have been developed. :wink:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Honda is now showing some of the making of the video as an advert in the UK. There were dozens of people involved, and huge amounts of work. It must be really special to work on something like that, tho', and produce something that's genuinely breathtaking. I've seen it a few times, and it's still just as arresting now as when I first watched it!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

At least one guy in charge played a LOT of 'The Incredible Machine' in the early 90s. Itr's a game where you build this contraption to solve a problem (ie. get a balloon to float through a certain hole.) One problem I remember was to get a ball to go through a wall using only dynamite and pistols and levers. took me 3 hours to figure out how.

I found that each sequence was a rather tantalizing adventure in it's own right.. and very clever. Altho a little strange,I tried not to analyze the tire segment to much and just enjoyed the vid for what it was.... :wink: jim

• 2 weeks later...

Where?!? And I already drive a Peugeot. With Pirelli tyres. Looks like I'm ahead of the game. (Or should that be 'afoot'?)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

It's right on the home page, but I saw it the first time I went there. Then second time it was something else. But the third or fourth try it showed up again. In the left upper corner, a table with a blue court on a roller blade with red wheels. Right next to it is a role of tape next to it. I guess they have two or more versions of the web page, you have to completely close the browser and click on the link again. Keep doing it until it shows up again.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!