How high is high

HOW MANY INCHES DO YOU CONSIDER A HEEL HAS TO BE TO BE CLASSED AS HIGH  

62 members have voted

1. 1. HOW MANY INCHES DO YOU CONSIDER A HEEL HAS TO BE TO BE CLASSED AS HIGH

Short house or really tall person:silly:??

Sorry couldn't resist.

NO PLATFORM:

4" is high

5" is comfortable (all day wear)

6" is kick-ass fun (as long as there is a place to sit once in a while)

i could wear the 7.5'' platforms in my avatar all day as they were also comfortable.

for me, 5 IS fun, when I wear my avitar boots (the black DEMONIA boots) they are platforms (hence the name) & I find that they have always been very comfortable to wear!

From chatting to female friends, family, and my wife they generally agree that 4" is high for everyday wear with 3" being comfortable and above 5" to be uncomfortable after short periods. There were some exceptions with one family friend having no heels below 4" and quite a few aove 6"; she has a shoe ad boot fetish too - yum!

Below 4" and I really don't know I have heels on. I have been wearing them for 16 years so my feet have had time to adjust quite a bit. I think that "high" starts at 4" and goes from there. I get a giggle out of young women that I see coming out of Deb, Wet Seal or Journeys wearing the heels that they have to offer because more often than not they have never taken the time to learn to walk in them. Muah ~G~

I've gotten used to 5 inch for everyday, but I have to think one step ahead. I have a pair of 6 inch for dating and they really require concentration; but I've yet to miss with them.

I feel the same way. As a matter of fact, I really don't wear my 6" stiletto high heels very much anymore.

I agree with the comment that ebay should definitely add a 4"+ category (or at least tweak the existing categories a little bit). Anyway, my favorite height is 4", most of my shoes are pretty close to this height (w/ no platform or a mini-platform). I have a few higher (and some lower), but my comfort level with anything over 4.5" in public goes down and my ability to walk gracefully also goes down.

the results are roughly what i expected by not by such a huge margin. the 4 inch had nearly 2.5 times as many votes as the 4 inch heel. i had a rough idea that the 4 & 5 inch heels would be the most common. i think personally that a 5 inch single sole could prove rather challenging to walk in for long distances. a 7.5'' platform is challenging but i think that a 5'' single sole would provide more of a challenge in some respects. i think that platforms and single soles both have advantages and disadvantages:smile:

• 1 month later...

My view is that a novice wearer will find heels with an elevation of 2.5" -3.5" high and will suffer sore calf muscles and sore balls of their feet. will consider them high. after the same wearer has been wearing 3.5" heels and become quite experiened, and they move up the range as their ankle flex improves, and start wearing 4"- 4.5" comfortably, then they will find that the previos heels of 2.5 - 3.5 to be almost flat.

Blacksheep