Do You 'Catwalk Flip' Your Stilettos?

Heelfan

Still viewable on Jenny's Forum, 'Jenny's High Stiletto' site, has been much talk about walking in high stilettos using the 'Catwalk Flip'. Lucy's Story on that forum also mentions it. This is where each heel stays vertically erect to the floor until almost the very end of each stride, (when your body-weight has largely moved forwards off it). At that moment you give the ankle a saucy inward flip, suddenly rolling the stiletto heel inwards. DancerDianne says models and stage performers use it a lot, including her, and Dolly Parton uses it very spectacularly throughout her film 'Straight Talk' (hireable from video shops). As well as on the catwalk, I've noticed various girls using this cheeky flip in everyday street-wearing from time to time, and I must say it looks great - very sensuous! Can we hear from you lady high-heelers on this? Do any of you like to do this saucy Flip, and if so, do you do it as a deliberate action, or did you just find yourself naturally walking that way? I'd be most interested, but either way, it's great girls! From your ever-admiring Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE, 12th JUNE 2003: Jenny's Forum has been very busy lately, so the piece about the 'Catwalk Flip' has now unfortunately been nudged off the bottom (and lost for all time). Anyway, as stated above, it is utilised to great effect by Dolly Parton in her 5" stilettos all the way through her film "Straight Talk" (hireable on video) and is also mentioned in 'Lucy's Story' which at present, is still on Jenny's Forum Message-board. Cheers, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 5 weeks later...

Two excellent photos of a lovely girl 'Catwalk flipping' her stilettos inwards whilst walking along the street have just appeared in the Streetheels site:

http://www.streetheels.co.uk/

Click on to their 'Guest Gallery', second page, photos Nos. ggal0014 and ggal0015. Don't forget to click on to the thumbnails to enlarge!

Lovely to see a modern girl wearing such nice clothes and ENJOYING her stiletto heels like that! Takes me back to the earlier stiletto booms of the 1960s and 1980s!

Very cheerfully yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 3 months later...

Yes, I can. But where do I put it to use? In the boudoire'? On stage when I entertain? Going to the bar to get another cocktail?

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I did it in court today while making a summation . . . the jury returned a verdict in 25 minutes. Yup, we won the case! After the proceedings were over, one of the partners turned to me and asked "What WAS that move after your summation?". "Catwalk flip!" I said. :( "Effective . . . different-very different but effective. Let's go to SAMS for cocktails". He told that story several times throughout the evening, laughing harder each time . . . of course the many Scotch's he consumed MIGHT have had an effect . . . D'ya think? He might not be in tomorrow.

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

One question? Where do you practice your carft? I don't believe I'm aware of a jurisdiction that allows anyone except bonafide, certified, licensed lawyers and members of the state's bar to address juries during court preceedings -- unless they are representing themselves, of course. (My daughter is a laywer licensed to practice in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. And although she was allowed to assist other lawyers in court, she wasn't allowed to present in open court until she had passed the bar and was duly accrediated. ) Just curious. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes, I AM a Lawyer. I choose to persue the role of an entertainer, also. Thus, I handle a few cases and work @ the firm in many related capacities choosing to arrange scheduling around my "other lifes'" priorities. Fortunately, my bosses have no problem in doing this. Clear as mud, right? :drinking: If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made different decissions . . . alas-that was then and this is now. :( Not much time for romance. Besides-WHO in their right mind would want to put up with the things I believe are important in my life? HA! My record for the past 10 years (since my last divorce) has been 6 weeks until we ended it. he just wanted more than I can deliver at this point. (S I G H ) My favorite passing fancy . . . too bad it couldn't have been more than passing . . . :( It was still fun. But when you finish the last chapter, close the book. Yes, sometimes I get lonely. Then I get over it & move on. SHOWTIME!