Hello from iwp

iwp

Here are links to pictures of my first two purchases:

I actually found the Mossimo pump first, while I was at Target. I was checking out boots after picking up something else, but didn't see anything I liked. I was going to head to the register, but then I spotted the pumps on the clearance rack. At 4 1/2", it's a challenging height for me, but for the the price I thought I should at least try them on. (Plus, I needed to get an idea of what size I should look for. I wear a 10 in men's, and found that a 10 or 11 in women's seem to be the best fit for me.) So, after some hesitation, I was able to put on the pumps and stand up in them without being seen. I only took a couple steps in them, then switched back to my shoes and headed to the register. The lady at the register was in training, and didn't open the shoe box to check the sizes (much to my relief), so the transaction was uneventful by default.

Afterwards, I set off to Kohl's, still hoping to find some boots. This particular store's shoe section was a bit sparse from holiday shopping, but I spotted the rounded toe on the Mudd boot, and was able to discretely grab the single pair that might fit me. This time, I cheated and took the shoes over to the men's fitting room. The boots were actually on the juniors' rack, but the size 10 fit great! Plus, it has a rubber heel, so there's no clicking sound! I picked up a shirt and headed for the register, where I paid for my purchase without any dialogue with the associate.

So, at the end of the day, I was very pleased with how things went.

Being rather tall and loud, the pumps are going to stay private for a while. However, I do plan on wearing the boots out in public soon (to find some longer jeans, at least), so I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome, iwp.....The two pairs of woman's shoes that you purchased are great for your first experiences in public, on street heeling. The boots are masculine enough as not to be confused with "overly feminine" styles that are preferred by some of our members. There is nothing wrong with wearing a pair of boots with a "2½" heel in public. I still wear women's shoes with 2½" heel quite frequently. Selecting the style of shoes you wear depends a great deal on where you plan on going. You can wear them without fear of ridicule and actually experience, first hand, that no one really cares if you are wearing woman's shoes. This type of experience conditions a persons mind and in doing so, prepares them for the next step....that of wearing higher, slimmer heels in public. Good for you. Wear them confidently and without fear.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

iwp ... Welcome to High Heel Place. You made two very nive selections in high heeled footwear. Your interenst and enjoyment in high heels is shared by many here at this great and friendly website. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well, I had my first outing in my boots this week, and it was rather uneventful. After a quick stop somewhere else, I went to JC Penney to look for some (women's) bootcut jeans. I decided on a pair of Levi's 515. (I might have grabbed a pair from Lee too, but they didn't seem to have my size.) I'm sure a few people caught a glimpse of my heels while I was shopping, but the only time I noticed was when I was at the register. The saleswomen couldn't see my boots, but there was a younger (teenage?) girl waiting in a chair by the door. With the way the chair was positioned, I was standing right in the middle of her field of view. I couldn't tell if she was looking while I was checking out, but I could see her head turn as I walked past her on the way out. So, without any comments on my heels, I headed home, happy with my new jeans and boots.

Now, I'm looking forward to my next boot outing. :-)

I doubt if the boots will draw any comment at all, I have seen men's boots with higher heels. Welcome to the site and the wonderful world of public heel wearing!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

iwp ...

Welcome to High Heel Place. You made two very nive selections in high heeled footwear. Your interenst and enjoyment in high heels is shared by many here at this great and friendly website. Hope to hear more from you soon.

I believe you meant "nice" didn't you, roniheels?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Iwp:-) That teenage girl may not have noticed that you were in heels or may have recognized that you were wearing male boots. Non the less---you were out heeling for the first tme and thats all that counts for you. Now since you have done that you will probably want to public heel as often as you can in the near future. Congrats. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Iwp:-)

That teenage girl may not have noticed that you were in heels or may have recognized that you were wearing male boots...

For better or worse, if teens notice you looking different (could be heels, pants, nail polish, whatever), they'll likely have some comment. Could be directed at you, or a group of friends they're with, or just a long stare. No comments - probably a good sign you weren't noticed.