wearing heels

pumpguy

I was wondering why women can wear anything they want, but if a man wants to wear stilettos they are presumed as "gay"? Women are supposed to wear skirts or dresses, not jeans. Jeans are menswear but women can wear them and not have anything said. If I want to wear a pair of stilettos, then Im considered "gay".

I was wondering why women can wear anything they want, but if a man wants to wear stilettos they are presumed as "gay"? Women are supposed to wear skirts or dresses, not jeans. Jeans are menswear but women can wear them and not have anything said. If I want to wear a pair of stilettos, then Im considered "gay".

That is simply down to ignorance, narrow minds and stereotype.

There is no Law in any country (except perhaps some more fervently Religious communities) that prevents men from wearing heels - and in fact History shows us that men wore heels up to as recently as the end of the C19th.

Considering someone as 'gay' because they wear heels, is about as well founded as automatically considering someone to be a criminal if they have their hair cropped short and wear a 'hoodie' and baggy jeans.

People fear the unknown or things that they don't understand. Society is quick to label others with stereotype or make them conform, because many members are uncomfortable with things that are different. It is far easier for an individual or group to criticise others, than it is for them to question or change their own ideas about life.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Let's give 'em more visual public associations of guys wearing heels so they will have a better reference to know about the natural tendency of straight guys wearing high heels. Even if the people are closed-mined, they won't be able to explain all the straight guys in heels, once they are made aware.

NOTE: You could use the idea to wear heels because you are against the abuse of women and you aren't waiting for any organization to let you demonstrate your concerns. This is one of the excuses to be used if you need a reason to publicly wear heels more than the reason you choose to.

If I want to wear a pair of stilettos, then Im considered "gay".

That depends completly on how you present your self. I know from my own personal experience on heeling in public in many different areas from the hood to the ritzy sections.:cry1: I have never been looked upon or asked if I was gay.

real men wear heels

If I want to wear a pair of stilettos, then Im considered "gay".

Did you hear that from someone? Or is this just an assumption you are making based on a reaction you have witnessed? And even if someone might think you are gay for wearing high heels, so what? You know who and what you are and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or peceives.

You should be trying to find a way to ask family and friends this question and gauge their reactions to the thought of men in heels, they are the ones that count after all what strangers think is of no consequence to you. Histiltto is right, there are charity walks in the u.s.a that could be used as a way to break the ice on the subject

If I wear my Cowboy boots, people may take a double take as they put me at 6'10", but if I were to wear stilletos, the reaction would be VERY differant in my town. So I stick with my tall boots, and since small towns run rampant with rumours, I have to remain reletively conservative. Good Luck to all who are able to get out and about in Stillettos, my little town still has issues with "Equal Rights" for women and people of color.... TLAHHB's