Who gets custody?

badger

Hi I guess the one who paid for them.It´s like every thing else in a separation or you split them and try to come to an agreament say 50/50 pairs.That was a new thing to put in here.Got my brain going anyway.Or another sulution is that ex the wearer buys them from the one that have paid for them.Like when you have bought a house with another.When you split the on whos going to live in the house have to pay the half to the other. That´s how rules are in Sweden any way.I have seaparated 3 times but there has been no argument of what goes to who so I´m not realy familiar with the problem. Best regards Jankas

I am who I am and no one else/Jankas

They belong to the person who bought them. However in some splits where there is a dispute the court makes some judgement that the non earner (usually the woman) has made a contribution to the household over the years depending on the circumstance by doing the housework etc and therefore she is entitled to some share of the house and contents, often 50/50. In that case one person can have the right shoe and one person the left. :wink: It's the fairest way...

What an unpleasnt dilemma Badger,I hope you are not going thro the agony of a seperation...

I'm no expert on these matters (by any stretch of the imagination) but here's my 2 cents worth.

If you are the person who bought the shoes and only loaned them to your partner to wear, then I would say they are still yours..

If you gave them to her, I think you have relinquished your rights to the shoes and they are now hers.

If you live with someone here in NZ for more than 2 yrs, half of your property becomes your partners, by law.If the same applies in your AO then take half of the shoe collection each, or perhaps take them all and give her something else of equal or greater value.... then again maybe you just give her the lot and be done with it.

I suppose what you do depends on how much you love your heels and how prepaired you are to compromise with her.

I hope it works out well, jim

If none of the advise given to you by the board's reasident bush lawyers apeals....just back the removal van up to the bedroom window when the ex is at work,load up all those Manolo's and Jimmy Choo's and head for the hills.. :wink: jim edited for spelling....again.

Naaaaaaaaah......Depends on who bought them. Then sell them on Ebay if they are not your size. That's what I did to my exwife. Bought me and GF some shoes from the profit. :wink:

I think that they should go with the person that they fit. And if the people where the same size, then 50/50. One pair for you, one for me.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Yeah but Texas, some people get more pleasure out of looking at them than wearing them so who knows I wonder how a court would asses that... They'd have to call in the expert witness services of the hhboard jury :wink:

They'd have to call in the expert witness services of the hhboard jury

A jury of your peers, from all WALKS of life :wink:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

In Belgium, shoes and clothing are personal belongings, irrespective who bought them, and as such remain with the person wearing the items. Any other system would have thinned out my collection too much after 2 divorces so I'm not complaining.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence