Tell us about your interests

Firefox

Do you have an interest which is a little off-beat. Ultra high heels, a training regime, ballet boots, or even burning shoes like I've seen some people say! Tell us here what makes you tick or discuss it in depth in the other threads. We're all broadminded here, so don't be shy and reveal all.

I've always wanted to be good enough in heels to show off some basic martial arts... Yes, six inch stilettos and a good kick. That could even get me into a movie. I still do not know why this interests me, but it would be important, a woman in the big city should defend herself, and if she is looking to wear heels all the time, she shuld practice. So I should practice. However, I find little comfort in performing this sort of thing in a short skirt. I tried it in the bathroom at work, once, when no one was around, and kicked towards the mirror in four inch heels. The kick was okay, but the skirt, well let's just say I see London I see France. The skirt flies everywhere. Maybe I'll work on yelling fire, yeah, that's it. And people were staring to think that I was normal! Riiiiiiiiight :smile: If that's so, I will just change my name from Laurie to Abby, thanks. -------------------------------------------- If you heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend, then you heard it from a stranger and it's probably a lie.

Okay, so with the money I would spend on changing my first name, which I will never do, by the way, I could buy a super fantastic pair of shoes, or maybe two on sale! So that rules out the idea. Buffy? Oh please, as if I wish to cater to pop culture ideals, which are quite horrible. I am just curious about doing something different in heels. Always the adventure with me. Okay not always, but enough of the time. Right then. :smile:

I liked Laurieheels' idea of martial arts while in heels. There's serious practical application here for plain self defense. Which unfortunately applies to us short small guys who may encounter someone bigger who wants to make a big deal about our appearance. A boot to the head might help open that closed mind... Then again, I recall a quote: "A closed mind is a terrible thing to open..."

Hiya, Ever seen Michelle Yeoh (Tommorow Never Dies) high kick, I wish I could do it that way, can't :eek: Anyhow good film if your into a bit of surealism. Have a great weekend, dont get to cold. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I'm trying to remember which one of the Batman movies had the cat woman in it wearing the extremely tight cat suit and doing all sorts of acrobatics in extremely high heels? I heard on one of those "how we made the movie" shoes that she really did do many of the stunts in the heels. This was fairly "non-standard" Laurieheels! :smile: Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

It was Batman Returns with Danny Deviato as the Penguin and Michelle Pfeiffer as Cat women. If you watched her closely, she dose her flips with flats on. Then switches over to for the meow part, before the building explodes, she is in her high heel boots.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

And I don't think Michelle Pfeiffer did the back flips either. Your cheeting also using the slo mo function, not done, but at least you get to see how they do it. Inga :smile: _________________ Platforms are for standing on, not for walking in. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-02-17 11:38 ]</font>

I didn't care who was doing the back flips...I was looking at those legs!!!!! :smile: No I did not use the slow motion on the VCR ether. But I did replay that part over, and over….. B)

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I dont watch many films but made sure I went to see Batman Returns at the local cinema. Excellent Film, and Michelle Pfeiffer in Catsuit and High Heels - what more can be said... :smile:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I thought I would add to this topic by posting two pictures of women fighting in high heels. The pictures come from Rush Hour 2.

Posted Image

close up

Posted Image

a few frames later

You can see how high they manage to get and both are wearing 4" heels.

I prefer the black pair myself :smile:

at least Hoverfly gets some more legs B)

Posted ImageQapla'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Francis on 2002-02-17 13:17 ]</font>

Hi, Inga, Yes, it would seem that you're correct. I too admit that a shapely female leg in an elegant pair of shoes can occupy my gaze for longer than is politically correct. So what, I say, if such a thing gives me an innocent pleasure, then is there anything wrong in it? .... also what's sauce for the gander, is sauce for the goose. I know that some women like looking at guys' backsides. Personally, I don't understand the fascination, but if it makes the woman happy and does not offend, so what? I remember catching a bank manageress transfixed by the backside of an acquaintence, tall, thin, about 40, but with a boyish rear-end, at a party some years ago. Despite the fact we had little in common, we dated for a while, because her other fascination was for barrel-chested guys (in my experience a rarer predilection).

I suppose we do a bit of bum watching, anyhow guy's well they seem to have wandering eye's a lot of the time. Your not alone Xaphod, suppose it's there for one to enjoy. Inga :smile: _________________ Platforms are for standing on, not for walking in. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-02-17 13:31 ]</font>

One of my interests is observing women wearing normal types of fashion heels in normal street settings. Often I am wearing heels myself so it's not so easy to do so surreptitiously. I don't make special trips to do this, but when I am on business in London and elsewhere, it helps to pass the journey times in a pleasant fashion :smile:

Hi Inga, Firefox and everyone else :smile: I think women look at men more than most admit, Inga. It appears to be more politically correct for men to say they are looking. Then again I wonder if women do the looking unconsciously and men consciously. Case in point one of my women friends. OK, we used to go out ten years ago and still keep in touch a fair bit. She makes all these comments like...you should be proud of your body, you look like a twenty year old"...and well I'm a fair bit older...then..."wow you look good in those shorts". You know I don't want to brag, but I had to use some sort of example. And yes I have had women follow me down the trails in the mountains, and I tried to walk behind them, but they so swiftly got behind me time and again. But talking about human psychology again. The former girlfriend I mentioned before. I know she likes it when I wear nice things. On the other hand, she hardly puts any effort into what she wears at all. She has a nice figure, but often wears old baggy sweats as if she is making a statement that looks doesn't matter at all. Sometimes she asks me if I might go with her to do some shopping so I could help her pick out some clothes, but this idea passes quickly it seems and she gets negative about wearing nice clothes. Can anyone guess what the underlying psychology is here? Firefox, you mentioned that you like observing women wearing normal types of fashion heels in normal street settings. I must admit that practicality has a lot to do with whether I like a style. If people in general are wearing it in the street, then it must be somewhat practical. That is exciting for me because they are bound to wear it more often. That means I can enjoy it more. Also I find that something daring worn in public is more exciting that if it is done in private. Ben B) People have different ideas. Some people think it is necessary to wear heavy boots with full shank while backpacking, while others think it is best to backpack with barefeet.

Yes I like that, that's the idea I am trying to get at. I am not sure my form is that good, but that is my goal. And you will all observe that her skirt has high slits up the sides for a good reason, to allow the flexability to perform such a kick. When I tried it at work (no one was around) I noticed I could see up my skirt with ease. I think that I may wear pants if I ever learn to kick that well in heels and I decide to post a picture as proof... Yes, I am weird. Go figure.

No one around, that's OK, but usually such movements are accompanied by a grunt, 'yaaaahh' (like a lot tennis player's do when they serve). The essense of this is that you have to be careful, out of sight is one thing, out of earshot is another, probably better to practice at home. Inga :smile:

my interests are 6 or 7 inch heels and above, wit hor without platforms, i.e. pure fetish shoes. I also like ballet boots. I prefer the boots to be at least knee-high, I do not like ankle boots in any shape whatsoever. (they look "cut-off" to me). I prefer open sandals to pumps. See some of my facorite pictures in the pics forum or browse my yahoo clubs and pointed out in the links forum! /M

• 3 months later...