This Seasons Boots.

thighboots

Hi, my heel passion is entirely focused on high heeled boots, I have one pair of high heeled shoes (Atlantic City by Aldo) Anyway, the point of this thread was I went shopping to Bluewater with my other half this week and was really surprised by the sheer quantity of styles of boots high street stores have in this season. Knee high, thigh high - stiletto heel, hidden platform and every varient in between. My other half still does not know about my heel wearing, I know she suspects something but I have never told her. I know I should but I think I have left it to late! So, unable to openly shop for myself I shopped for her! It was great getting my beautiful other half to try on pair after pair of heels, some out if her normal 'comfort' zone - more mine. Faith, Office, French Connection, Karen Millen, Ted Baker, River Island and my personal favorite Aldo! I got her to try on a pair of over knee boots in Aldo - style Cassetty. It was kind of ironic as I am going to get myself a pair of these. Seeing my other glad wearing them was great. Anyway, other than to say the high street designers have really pulled the stops out this season. Woman are really wearing high legged boots out and about, Bluewater was full of woman strutting their stuff in high heeled, high legged boots, it was brilliant! Boots over skinny jeans, boots with short skirts and thick tights, thanks to all you boot wearers out there!

Hi Thighboots, Hope you don't mind me saying this, but it's not too late to 'come clean'. You would need to be diplomatic, and maybe not tell your partner the whole story, just yet - break the news gently, then over a period of time slowly admit a bit more. Honesty really is the best policy. I know, I hid my fondness for heels, it hurt me and eventually when I did come clean, it hurt my wife too. We're ok now, but it was a problem, she's still not too impressed, but is ok with me in heels at rock concerts etc. Good luck.

Looks like cooler weather is finally getting here as there was a good frost the other morning here in PC.....time to get started matching those outfits and wearing those boots outside of the house,after all,you bought them so let everybody see how good you look while wearing them.....I like the boots that are shown in your profile pic!!!!! What brand are they?

I see so many georgeous boots this an last season. I drool over them. I absolutely dream about them. At the times i drool i hate it to have a US12. Later i thank god on me bare knees (dutch saying) for having big feet. I would spend so much on boots, i would need another house to store them and another 3 businesses to finance it.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

I went to Avenue.com and about DIED! They have SO many cool boots this year, I want them all! Right now, I have my eye on a pair of Star Platform boots that look just divine, and some studded ankle boots that I could really rock! Oh my poor aching paychecks........ :chuckle:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I went to Avenue.com and about DIED! They have SO many cool boots this year, I want them all! Right now, I have my eye on a pair of Star Platform boots that look just divine, and some studded ankle boots that I could really rock!

Oh my poor aching paychecks........ :w00t2:

Good choice SQ. Just checked it out. Great prices also. They have some really cool ankle boots too.:chuckle:

real men wear heels

I went shopping last week but couldnt find anything to suit my taste. I just dont like this seasons boots for some reason. I bought a pair of Jimmy Choo knee high boots a month or so ago and I think that may be my shopping done for the next few months. Before anyone asks, I got the Jimmy Choo boots at a scandalously low price €160 in a closing down sale. I was questioning if they were real but the lady assured me they were and they came with the Jimmy Choo London box etc. I went into a shop in Dublin which has the same boots on sale for a cool €799 to compare my purchase and they are the real deal or the greatest fakes on earth. Closing down sales are frequent in Ireland at the moment. I think the sales person/owner was just happy to get anything for them. Will stick up photos this weekend, hopefully.

Astrid, I can't believe you got a pair of Jimmy Choos for that bargin price! Why don't I ever find such sales?

Would be great to see some pics of the boots.

What size did you get and do they run small?

Just put 3 pics in my album.

I got them in a closing down sale in a shop in Ireland. An awful lot of shoe shops in the Republic are closing down or have closed down because of the recession and I got them from one of them 2 days before they shut down. They ran on credit and the banks wont lend to them.

I take a 41, which is the biggest Jimmy Choo size, I think. The sales lady was adamant that they were genuine when I bought them and was just delighted to get something for them, as she was obviously going to the wall but I was a little suspect on that front. However, I compared them to a pair in a posh shop in Grafton street and can see absolutely no difference in look or feel. They are incredible comfy to wear and a joy to have.

:chuckle::clap::w00t2::clap::tear:

I got her to try on a pair of over knee boots in Aldo - style Cassetty. It was kind of ironic as I am going to get myself a pair of these. Seeing my other glad wearing them was great.

Greetings thighboots :-)

I agreee with you: These boots do look great even without heels.

This is why I also got the same pair. See my post here http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/9428-what_shoes_you_wearing_today-21.html#post220626

I hope your wife will be OK when she finds out you are into heels !

I guess it is never too late to say the truth after all ?

Looking forward to getting those OTK boots from Aldo, hoping they will become my winter out door favourites!

Take note that these are not winter's boot

Unless you wear size 10, buy a size 11 boots and wear thicker socks...

Unfortunately, I cannot do that since I wear size 11.