A job that requires high heels!

PJ

The following job opening was advertised in Tennessee: Female Chauffeur Provide transport for ‘nights on the town’, etc. Some of our clients prefer well-dressed female drivers (including driving in heels), hence the posting. We are still working on the exact pay but should be in the $30-$75/hour, depending. We ask that our female drivers drive in high heels and sometimes manual transmissions. Therefore, we are looking for a part-time “model-type” female driver needed to drive customers to desired locations around Memphis. Outgoing personality & knowledge of the Memphis area as well as nightlife. Must be well dressed and be able to wear high heels while driving.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I wonder if any men will try to apply nicely dressed and wearing high heels who might claim discrimination?

You mean like the guy a few years ago that sued Hooters for discrimination when they wouldn't hire him as a server. The company said he couldn't fit the uniform correctly.

• 3 months later...

I sure wish that my job required wear of high heels... Instead it is just the opposite, as heels would not be safe in the environment I work.

TLAHHB

Earlier I was browsing the shoe section of Target. I saw a heel or two where I thought "I wonder if I could get away with that at work?" Where I work has sorta strict rules concerning shoes (must be black, able to be polished, and have laces are the main ones for men). I don't think it says anything about the heel. I'd be tempted to try it but I'm on my feet 8+ hours a day, none of my coworkers know I wear heels, and I'm sure management (and coworkers) would hassle me over my footwear regardless of what the rules say.