How long do your shoes last?

Nina

How long does a pair of high heels typically last you? I mean the shoes that you wear on a regular basis? I sometimes get two or more years out of mine, and they've usually been worn four - six days a week every week. Apart from re-heeling, it tends to be the insole and toe point that wear quickest. I always have a favourite pair - wear them out - sell them on Ebay to a foot-slave, then buy a new pair which I then wear all the time. Great isn't it?! Though I could do with varying things a bit:smile:

My nicer heels (Hot Peppers, Little Shoe Box, Italian Heels) last a good long time, as long as you get the heels re-tipped, and almost all of mine have metal tips so they last a while. The cheap heels I have (like Pleaser) I just seem to wear for a few months and they're trash. Isn't eBay great to get rid of our worn heels though?! :)

Yes, I do walk in these

My shoes generally last forever. I don't often wear the same pair more than 5 times a year on average. Nor do I purchase shoes that are cheaply made. Sometimes I might fall in love with one pair in particular and wear them to death. The last pair that fell prey to my affections were a pair of Louboutin Declics which are almost ready for the wheelie bin. Luckily it's still possible to buy them. Sometimes it's not, so I take care to spread the wear through my collection.

Never even thought of selling shoes on ebay (better not let my husband know about that one). I have very rarely worn out shoes. Currently I have about 20 pairs of 4 inch heels, 10 pairs of 4.5" heels, 5 pairs of 5 inch heels and a couple pairs of 6" heels not counting a few ballet boots for fun. I rotate about 20-25 pairs for daily use so each pair may only get worn 1-3 times a month. Sheryl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also have some problems with my back but nothing major. My doctor said I can wear 4-inch heels and below. Beyond that, it's going to strain my back. My running shoes are the ones that wear out first since I rarely use them.

Various 6-24mths. I don't have that many pairs. Maybe 12-15 shoes and sandles and a few boots and most get regular seasonal use.

However there are aways exceptions. Recently Hubby bought me a pair of these. I though not bad, yes its a cheaper shoe but felt ok and look good. I did two short walks with the dog at night to break them in and thought I was ready for an outing. Then we went out for half a day and I wore them and during a casual walk along the water front I heard a flapping sound. Got back to car and had a look and they are starting to fall apart in a big way. Bottom sole has completely let go under the arch, one heel has let go on the front part and other signs of failure. Hubby glued them up and I'll keep them for few light outings for hubby and I do like the look. But come winter they will be tossed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-CHEETAH-WOMENS-SHOES-4-1-2-HEELS-SIZE-6-15_W0QQitemZ110428017694QQihZ001QQcategoryZ63889QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26ps%3D6