I told my friend that I wore heels

Alex

I posted this in "First heels" thread but.. ------- The fear is the worst part. I sent her an email explaining things. The time it took for her to respond felt like an eternity. Her response(not all of it) how do you do it? and what color are they? :wink: I wasn't expecting that. She did express concern for my health because as we all know, "Heels are bad for you". But that's it. She didn't even say it was weird. ------- One thing I didn't include is that she doesn't like heels.

I wish I was a size 10

Most people who aren't into heels often point out the medical reasons why you shouldn't wear them, I've found, particularly my mum, who is a physiotherapist. But she accepts it nonetheless. It's cool that you had a positive response (in the sense that it wasn't negative). What kind of response were you expecting? SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I agree wholeheartedly with squirrel. My friends at work have been openminded and accepting of the shoes I choose to wear, and I've been wearing full blown pumps at the office for quite some time now. A true friend accepts you for what you are on the inside, not what you wear on the outside!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

A true friend accepts you for what you are on the inside, not what you wear on the outside!

How true...

Alex I'm glad you made the first step (excuse the pun) to being free to be who you want to be. All power to you.

Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Alex - well done! I'm happy for you! And it sounds like the reaction I had from my brother! He was waaaay cool, just asked a couple of basic questions and that was that.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

My mother asked why and that was the end of it, while my sister just said "whatever he feels comfortable with, and anyway, no matter what he wears on his feet, he's still my brother!" Actually she defends my choice even against my mum and her father :wink: Nice to know I have people on my side :D

But, it's great that you have found your freedom to express yourself in a way you are happy. Don't let anyone tell you that what you do is wrong or that they don't approve. You are you, and no-one can tell you otherwise :wink:

The first member of my family that I would consider telling is my sister. It's not because we're close or anything, it's because she's pretty open minded. Thanks for the kind advice Francis

I wish I was a size 10

The first member of my family that I would consider telling is my sister. It's not because we're close or anything, it's because she's pretty open minded.

Thanks for the kind advice Francis

I told my Dad first - we are close, and he's also very open-minded. Starting somewhere is the hard part - after that it gets easier. Of the people I told, telling my brother was the scariest - and he was cool. Of my mates, M@ finding out would have been the worst - but he seems cool too.

My experience has been that it worst bit is immediately before telling someone. But then - I've never had a negative reaction, and my family have never made any negative comments about gay people, and so on.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I never told it to anybody, they could see for themselves I mostly wore them and rarely had to explain anything besides "I just like wearing heels", or "my tendons are too short for flats".

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

My friend is now expressing some concern because she thinks the sandals are "dominatrix" like. She always wants to know what I'm going to wear when I go out with the heels on.

I wish I was a size 10

My friend is now expressing some concern because she thinks the sandals are "dominatrix" like. She always wants to know what I'm going to wear when I go out with the heels on.

Perhaps she doesn't want to clash with you. How about going shopping, then you can get her advice on styles that suit you. Shoe shopping is always more fun with two!

Oh well, it was worth a try. But why not try something a little more subtle, like plain ankle boots or loafer-type shoes with a wedge heel? She might find that a little easier to take on. And a woman who isn't into shoes? Are you *sure* :wink: ?

She's into no heel sandals. It's probably because of her job. It keeps her near the water all day(not a lifeguard). I'd love to wear different styles, but I'm limited in what shoes I can buy due to my shoe size

I wish I was a size 10

I had told my mom about my boots.. she said that men has the right to wear heels. she took me to the boot store and found boots for men that has up to 3 inches heels... she bought me the first pair of boots.. black ones. i was 12 then. i was very proud wearing them and my mom took pictures of me in boots. i had told my girlfriend about it..she saw me wearing them before we met each other. sheis a heel wearer of all kinds.. boots mostly. she told me that i look better in heels than flats. she had bought me boots for my birthday or christmas. what a lucky guy i am. :wink:

My first pair of high-heeled boots were actually women's boots. I bought them on my own when I was 12 and wore them behind locked doors. I think my mom discovered them when she was vacuuming but said nothing. I did not communicate well with my own parents about my wanting to wear high-heels, although two aunts understood and encouraged it.

Michael