Nice Macy's experience

radiodave

I can't say I've really had a bad experience at Macy's, but today's was particularly nice. I went over to the mall wearing my white pants, brown Steve Madden toe loop sandals (flats), a toe ring, and a blue polo shirt. Looking around the mall I saw lots I liked, but nothing really called out to me. Lots of ladies wearing very nice heels though ;). Nobody seemed to pay much attention, even when I got collared twice by the ladies at the kiosk trying to hock hand lotion (among other things). Stopping into Macy's I saw some brown T-strap peep toe pumps with chunky heels that caught my eye. Might have to think about those, they were on sale. One of the salesladies came by and asked if I needed any help, so I asked if they had them in my size. As an engineer I'm intrigued by their new inventory system. They just have a handheld scanner, and they can scan the tag and tell you right away if they have the right size, no waiting! Better yet, it notifies someone to go pull it out of the stock room. Pretty slick. Anyway, she brought them out, and I tried them on. I asked what she thought, she said I have good taste, and they go very nicely with what I was wearing. However, there were some black pumps that caught my eye too. Decisions, decisions. So she used her nifty scanner to grab those. She was doubtful they still had my size, but she seemed pleased when they came up. This time she just had me take a seat, and brought them right out. Even removed all the obligatory packing materials. Now these were nice too, and I was starting to sway toward these. She offered some pads for the toe box since my feet were sliding forward a little. She thought they also looked nice, and at that point her colleague came by and also offered her approval. Not the slightest bit of pretense that I could tell, they didn't seem to think there was anything remotely unusual about a guy buying heels. I decided on the latter pair, at which point she said "You know, those brown ones go well with so many things, like jeans and pants you have on. Those look really cute too.". Ah, she knows how to make a sale, I decided on both. She went and grabbed the toe pads, showed me how to put them in, and I thanked her for her assistance.

post-2079-133522889179_thumb.jpg

post-2079-13352288918_thumb.jpg

I can't say I've really had a bad experience at Macy's, but today's was particularly nice. I went over to the mall wearing my white pants, brown Steve Madden toe loop sandals (flats), a toe ring, and a blue polo shirt. Looking around the mall I saw lots I liked, but nothing really called out to me. Lots of ladies wearing very nice heels though ;). Nobody seemed to pay much attention, even when I got collared twice by the ladies at the kiosk trying to hock hand lotion (among other things).

Stopping into Macy's I saw some brown T-strap peep toe pumps with chunky heels that caught my eye. Might have to think about those, they were on sale. One of the salesladies came by and asked if I needed any help, so I asked if they had them in my size. As an engineer I'm intrigued by their new inventory system. They just have a handheld scanner, and they can scan the tag and tell you right away if they have the right size, no waiting! Better yet, it notifies someone to go pull it out of the stock room. Pretty slick. Anyway, she brought them out, and I tried them on. I asked what she thought, she said I have good taste, and they go very nicely with what I was wearing. However, there were some black pumps that caught my eye too. Decisions, decisions. So she used her nifty scanner to grab those. She was doubtful they still had my size, but she seemed pleased when they came up. This time she just had me take a seat, and brought them right out. Even removed all the obligatory packing materials. Now these were nice too, and I was starting to sway toward these. She offered some pads for the toe box since my feet were sliding forward a little. She thought they also looked nice, and at that point her colleague came by and also offered her approval. Not the slightest bit of pretense that I could tell, they didn't seem to think there was anything remotely unusual about a guy buying heels.

I decided on the latter pair, at which point she said "You know, those brown ones go well with so many things, like jeans and pants you have on. Those look really cute too.". Ah, she knows how to make a sale, I decided on both. She went and grabbed the toe pads, showed me how to put them in, and I thanked her for her assistance.

Both are very cute! I agree with the SA! Nice choices

I do rather like the brown pair myself. Glad you had such a wonderful time! It's always nice when store clerks make a customer feel right at home, no matter who they are :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Fantastic story and great shoes Dave. It seems that you and I have quite similar taste. I also love the new Macy's inventory system, but they only have it in the larger stores. It really makes shoe shopping very smooth and fun. I can't say that I have never had a bad experience at Macy's, because I have in the past been less than satisfied. Part of that is because I usually only make it to smaller stores in less cosmopolitan stores and the larger stores I frequent are often staffed with middle aged men who tend to be less open to male customers. It can be hit or miss for me, but I have bought a lot of shoes there and will continue shopping at Macy's. Also, I hope you gave the sales staff feedback on their Web site. All positive experiences should be sent along when possible to recognize such outstanding experience. Thanks for sharing!

Style is built from the ground up!