New baby

New baby girl for my wife and I in March :D Just wanted to tell the world about our 10 pound (yes ten pounds) bundle of joy. Shyguy Losing sleep but deliriously happy :wink:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

well done to you Shyguy and Mrs. Shyguy ! :wink: 10lbs isn't a huge amount, my sister was 9lbs 3oz, I was 5lbs 4oz. I'm now 5'8" and she's 5'2" :D just goes to show that birth weight has nothing to do with adult size! congratulations again!

Congratulations to you, Shyguy and family. As for what Francis was saying, well, I think birth weight goes to show how hungry the baby was in those nine or so months. And maybe, what kind of cravings the mother had. Hey, interesting study idea. Birth weight as a correlation of what a mother craved during pregnancy. It would be interesting. Here's hoping your child grows up healthy, well adjusted, and open minded :wink:

Congratulations! 10lb is a lot for a baby! Mrs. Shyguy must have had her work cut out there :wink: Apparently birth weight is a good indicator of health in later life, so a 10lb'er should grow up nice and strong. My little one has gone from 8lb 4oz to 'incredibly heavy' in five years :D

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Congratuations to you both. :bday: I know it is tiring but try to make the most of the baby period it goes by really fast, then you are faced with the terrible two's, the troublesome three's, the cheeky four's, the more cheeky five's, six's, seven's eight's nine's......... I must be a glutton for punishement I've had three :wink:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

My wife and I had had 5 before the divorce, 2-d's, 3-s's. Glutton for punishment? Glutton for Joy, rather, I'd say. No amount of "punishment" could ever erase the joy and happiness that children bring if you are willing to put their needs above your own (and if you're not you shouldn't even consider being a parent in the first place--unfortunately, becoming a parent is usually the last thing that is on the minds of unmarried teens "in love" :wink: ).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I'd have to agree. Children are little joy factories! The best sound in the world is a little voice going "Dad!" (or "Mom", as appropriate :wink: ) I only have one, and I don't see him anywhere near enough... but I'd have lots more if I could!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I agree YamYam I'm overjoyed with my little girl. My wife bought 3 girls with her too and I love them all. Babies are time wasters, I can spend all day just watching our new addition and resisting the urge to pick her up every few minutes :wink: Thanks everyone for sharing in my happiness :D Shyguy

• 10 months later...

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Shyguy on the arrival of your daugher - she must be a year old by now. Have you taken her to have her ears pierced yet ? My wife and I think baby girls wearing earrings look so sweet.

Yeah, Emma's right, I don't believe in piercing baby's ears, or even kids until they are older. My wife wants her done at 2 years, I say not till shes 8 or 9 (the baby not my wife)