Reporter takes 14cm heels for a road test

I agree. For 5 1/2" heels, walking like a pro. But like any "investigative report", sorely lacking on the details. If she typically wears flats, it's a great accomplishment. If she usually wears 4" heels, then maybe not that much of a stretch. And other than taking off her heel, did she make an overall comment on how they were? If she did, I missed that.

Very good article: - they're uncomfortable to wear - they're difficult to walk in - almost everyone thinks the wearer looks great in them. Could be pretty much a valid article for the last 30 years, just chaninging (increasing) the heel height as time goes on. I still think a better report would be if it was comparitive in nature. Most people agree that heels enhance a woman's appearance. The question is, are the new breed of ultra high heels worth it? The reporter should have done one day in say 3 1/2" heels, and then another in these 5 1/2" heels. How much worse was the walking in the higher heels? On the other hand, did she get better (or different) comments in the higher heels than the lower ones? And would she trade take the extra sexiness at the expense of more discomfort?

If those have a 14 cm heel, then she has very big feet! The angle of the arch suggests nothing like that height: maybe the original designer version had that height, but these copies are much lower. Additionally, the designer version may have even been more comfortable too.

If those have a 14 cm heel, then she has very big feet!

The angle of the arch suggests nothing like that height: maybe the original designer version had that height, but these copies are much lower.

Additionally, the designer version may have even been more comfortable too.

I was going to say the same thing. They don't look much over 10 cm to me. Maybe being in Australia, she held the ruler upside down ;)

Linux, Firefox, no problems here. I kicked the Microsoft habit, you can, too.

Looks like a hidden plat, to tired to focus my eyes at the moment. ;)

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

If those have a 14 cm heel, then she has very big feet!

The angle of the arch suggests nothing like that height: maybe the original designer version had that height, but these copies are much lower.

Additionally, the designer version may have even been more comfortable too.

She did mention that she wore an 11 Wide.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

In that case, even if the heels are 14 cm high, to wear them they would be like an 11 cm heel on a size 7 shoe; not quite the excessive difficulty originally suggested by the title.

Most designer heels do not go up to that shoe size, again reinforcing the fact that these are copies; and as with most copies, the heels are usually lower than the designer version.

Let's see this done with someone trying real 160mm heels with a size 6 or 7. :-)

A bit lower, but another fun roadtest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OSyaAH_pcg

This would be a great roadtest: http://ninistyle.net/2009/02/24/first-time-wearing-the-ysl-tribute-pump/

Thanks for posting the video, interesting watching. She does have quite big feet for a lady, you can see the size of the shoes from the start of the video when she hold them in her hands. But she walked pretty well in them.

I agree with those who queried the 14cm (5.5") heel height claim. They look to me more like 4.5" or 4.75" heels. Also, the depth of the toe box suggests a hidden platform of 1/2" to 3/4". This adds up to walking in the equivalent of 4" heels which most of us (male and female) find very easy indeed. The shallow angle of her instep confirms this. Genuine 5.5" heels with no platform usually push the instep up to near vertical. That would be a REAL road test for a reporter!!! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!