Difficulties finding the right pair

The Mad

Ok, firstly, this is my first post here! Yay! :wink: (and there was much rejoicing...)

Now on to the point of this post.

Being a rather tall guy (6'2") and having large feet (US men 12), it is near impossible for me to find any high heels in my size that aren't:

a) too feminine to look good on me

:D too noisy (wooden soles)

c) too platformed, or...

d) too flat to be worth buying

In particular, what I'm looking for is calf-high or ankle-high boots with:

a) chunky or wedge heel (since stilettos or blades would probably not look good on me due to my size)

:D 1 inch platform or less (preferably none at all)

c) 3 to 4 inches of heel (Any less with my size feet feels insignificant, but any more, and I'd be humongous.)

d) rubber soles

e) rounded or square toe

I've searched almost every English-language site on the Web that has heels in my size, and have been unable to find anything even remotely approaching this, aside from the Spunk boots on this page, which I could probably (with difficulty) modify. But that's about all I've found.

Please help if you can!

Yeah, they are, but I said I was gonna modify them if I got them, didn't I? :wink: Turn the pic about 35 degrees clockwise and you'll get a general idea of what I'm aiming for. (except, I'd saw through quite a bit of the sole and make it an almost-non-platformed wedge heel.) Anyways, thanks for your input everyone :D

I think Herman Munster's would have been even less stylish than those! I quite like boots like that on the right person with the right clothes. Boots like that can be fiendishly expensive though, and I'm not sure how easy they'd be to modify for heels, considering the thick, tough sole and stiff leather. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!