More news why heels are good for you!

mtnsofheels

I want to believe this article about wearing flats, but I think the information is incomplete. Shoes are made to fit a majority of their intended market. From what I have noticed, most flats don't have much support for the foot, neither from the sole or from the surrounding of the soft and elastized upper construction. For people with arch concerns, especially really high arches, this type of shoe could bring on a lot of pain, due to the stress the arch is feeling with little to no support. The same thing happens with high heelers wearing footwear that give them no arch support and/or that fit so loosely that it causes the foot to literally slip off the heel, possibly bring the result of ankle injuries and/or falling. The idea of wearing a variety of heel heights and styles of shoes sounds like good advice. The foot is made to function in various positions. The more a person uses these different positions the healthier the foot. Extensive use of the same position would seem to cause areas of fatigue, thus stress other areas which would cause discomfort to anoying aches and poignant pains

Of course, we knew all of this all along! But the naysayers always have to find a way to rain on our parade. Then truth finds its way to the surface anyway.

Have a happy time!

Well, "the ideal heel size is an inch" doesn't support the wearing of high heels... I think what they're getting at is that when the human foot, which is designed for deserts and savannahs, is forced to walk on solidly flat insoles, problems result. If you're gonna wear flats, wear a pair whose insole approximates the sort of indention you'd leave walking across a lawn.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Hey Bad_Robot, No, I am a CDN, the Sun was linked to an Australian Newspage "The Daily Telegraph" that I read because of friend who works there. They have all sorts of good stories. Thanks for asking though. Mtnsofheels