Hello, and a brief introduction

Hello everyone. This seems like a nice crowd. I'm a crossdresser who loves, absolutely loves high heels. I'm wearing a five inch pump now - I've been wearing them since 8 this morning - and have a pair of 5 - 3/4" stilettos on my left which I just re-heeled today (they needed a bit of glue work as well, this style is no longer made and it's my last pair in black, so I'm going to make them last as long as I can). I've just gotten out of a long relationship, so I've been dressing a little more frequently - every other day. My fiancee left without a word after five years. Ah, well. I am training now to wear a seven inch heel, but it has been a bit uncomfortable and difficult. I will break through, mark my words. I own about 30 pairs of heels, the lowest being 4", highest 7.5". Stilletos only. And no platforms. In my skewed view, its normal to want to get a little lift now and then! All of my girlfriends have agreed. After all, this is as harmless as it gets. I also hang out on the bound forum. It seems sometimes that heels and bondage dovetail nicely, even if the heel serves only as an object of gentle debilitation. Ah, the blood races. I'm in the music business. And just before I posted this I bought three more pairs of heels! It never ends... ...well, it's nice to meet everyone, and I look forward to contributing. Cheers!

Welcome to hhplace Michael_C :silly: Seems like you enjoy a really diverse existence . Wonder if your crossdressing had anything to do with your long time girlfriend's departure? :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

No, that wasn't it. The eccentricities never bothered her - we're both adults, and nothing is hurtful or dangerous... she used to borrow some of my things for nights out! It had to do with immigration, not getting papers in time, and the frustration that entailed. We spoke some time after she was back in Japan. Well, I'll leave it at that. I bought my first pair of non-stilettos yesterday. I wonder if I'll like them... the color was wonderful.

No, that wasn't it. The eccentricities never bothered her - we're both adults, and nothing is hurtful or dangerous... she used to borrow some of my things for nights out! It had to do with immigration, not getting papers in time, and the frustration that entailed. We spoke some time after she was back in Japan.

Well, I'll leave it at that. I bought my first pair of non-stilettos yesterday. I wonder if I'll like them... the color was wonderful.

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't getting "personal." Just curious if the crossdressing was a turnoff to her. :winkiss:

As far as you buying your first pair of non-stiletto heels, which style did you decide to get? And, what model? Sandals, boots, pumps, wedges or loafers?

I have all styles in my collection. While I enjoy stiletto heels, I usually confine my out in public heels, that I wear daily, to penny loafer styles with heels between 2½" and 4". I've been wearing these shoes in public for well over 10 years without incident.

(I don't fully crossdress, however)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

These are the first non-stilettos I bought:

http://www.snaz75.com/el-557-amber.html

I got them in amber. I thought they looked pretty funky.

I also bought a pair of these

http://www.snaz75.com/pl-desire-117.html

in pink to match an outfit I'm putting together. It's a little strange, isn't it, that I have so many pairs of heels, but only three pairs of boy shoes. Heels are just so much more fun, with all the different colors and shapes, embellishments and materials. Boy shoes are always brown or black and... that's about it.

Then again, I could make the same argument for dresses versus pants, but to each their own. Is it possible, I wonder, that high heel fans are fundamentally nonconformist? Even women must contend with the discomfort and potentially unwanted attention. I wonder.

Sure - but it might take me a little while, as everything is being delivered from a different source. Also, I recently had a bit of surgery, so it'll a few weeks before I can corset down, which is a part of my look (I'm 6'4" and 175 lbs.). However, all that said, I'll take a picture and post it when I can. I just re-heeled a pair of shoes, and it was so easy to do! Nice! Thanks to this website, and a link I found here. I want to add also that the shoes I re-heeled were a bit pricey (red 5" pumps, leather upper and lowers, purchased at Lee's Mardis Gras back in 1993 or 1994), and they really felt much better than the popular $22 Ellie's. The arch in those old heels was super comfortable, while there doesn't seem to be much of an arch in the Ellie's. I guess you get what you pay for. It makes me wonder if I'd be better served trying to learn the seven inch heel with a pair of higher quality shoes, rather than the $40 Ellie's and Sexy Shoes models I have now. Arch support seems to be the name of the game here. Hmmmm...