Getting foot and leg relief

Colleen

Wearing heels at work involves lots of standing in one place. What's your favorite way to get relief for your feet and legs? I find that shifting my balance to one foot and straightening the other foot, so the heel is parallel to the floor, stretches my calf and gives my toes a chance to wiggle. The pointed toe in the air is also kinda sexy.

If I am not locked in my ballet shoes I try and take my shoes off and stretch my toes and ankles every hour of so. I sit all day so it is certainly not the same as standing all day. Any of you gals stand all day in heels. I have worked a trade show once in heels and that was torture. Sheryl

I used to have a job where I had to stand up and walk around all night and my feet killed every night when I was done with work. I can sit most of the day now, but since my hels are usually locked I can't slip them off at all and that makes it a lil tough too. Jen

Yes, I do walk in these

Wearing heels at work involves lots of standing in one place. What's your favorite way to get relief for your feet and legs?

I find that shifting my balance to one foot and straightening the other foot, so the heel is parallel to the floor, stretches my calf and gives my toes a chance to wiggle. The pointed toe in the air is also kinda sexy.

Sure,taking the weight off one foot at a time and stretching your calf muscles in the way you described provides some relief also rotating your ankles. I can't stress how important it is to keep your calf muscles stretched.

I just avoid standing for long periods myself and I mean seriously avoid it.

I make sure my shoes fit properly and I also rarely wear pointy shoes.

Having another pair that you can change into during the day helps but best of all is to have someone to massage your feet when you get home.

:winkiss:

Sure,taking the weight off one foot at a time and stretching your calf muscles in the way you described provides some relief also rotating your ankles. I can't stress how important it is to keep your calf muscles stretched.

I just avoid standing for long periods myself and I mean seriously avoid it.

I make sure my shoes fit properly and I also rarely wear pointy shoes.

Having another pair that you can change into during the day helps but best of all is to have someone to massage your feet when you get home.

:winkiss:

Is the foot message an extra that only comes with more expensive heels?