Shoes and Things..

Hi Y'all.. :wink:

I have decided to resurect this old post and use it as a place to show pics of my heels and things. The photo's I have put up in the past have all been lost due to one reason or another and this should be a good place to keep 'em all together...

jim

This pic was taken the other week at a friends house.I mentioned it in a corset thread a while back.

The slides are by Bronx and have a 4" suede covered wedge and footbed.The toe loop and strap over the foot are a steel/black leather and are a euro 40.I have found these great for casual wear and enjoy them imensly and think they go really well with jeans. As a result I have worn them a lot this summer. ('02-'03)

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not the most elegant pose but the corset I am wearing had only just been strapped on.....whew.The pic dosen't do justice to my shoes I'm afraid. I really must get some more pics of my self wearing heels.A few close ups of them perhaps.. jim

Glad you managed to fix the image and the link. Corsets totally alter the way you stand and move, and when worn with heels, which also alter the way you stand and move, can be almost mind-blowing.

Out of interest, what sizing scale do you use in NZ?

Our own footwear industry uses American sizing for both men and women.Most imported heels use what ever is the norm in the country of origin.

In a nut shell....US and European sizes predominate.

Btw, Thanks for the encouraging comments guys,I really apreciate them.

:wink:

jim

• 2 years later...

Here's that pic you asked for Dawn.

It was a bit of a rushed job but it will give you an idea of what my lastest Via Spiga knee boots look like.

Posted Image

They are made from a low sheen black calf and are linned in a very soft cream leather.The stiletto heel as you know, is 4" and is sculptured at the back to add a touch of flair to this classic pointed boot.They are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned and if I could find another pair I would buy them on the spot.

Posted Image

jim

Nice boots jim! I think those are perfect for wear out and about. I definitely wouldn't mind getting caught in those.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Great boots! :lol: No wonder the woman in the store wanted to see you again. Any guy that with such a good taste in high heels is worth a second meeting....... :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Jim:-) Thanks for posting a pic of your new Via Spiga boots. They are simply fantastic and well worth the wait to see them. They look like a great pair to wear out and about in public. Have you had any comments on them while wearing them? Very stylish indeed. I like!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks for the replies fellas and for your feedback on my VS boots. I was a little apprehensive at first, believing they may be a bit to dressy but that has proven not to be the case.( whew! )They seem to go well with most things in my closet and I can either dress 'em up or down with ease. They have had a number of public outings so far Dawn, but I have not had one single comment on them, good, bad or otherwise. :oops: I have made a point of looking for reactions from those who notice them and most all just look, take note and continue on their way with out even breaking stride. LOL…Quite some time ago I stopped at a mid sized Hot Bread Shop and after buying afew things,started walking the 100 meters or so back to my truck. Half way back I became aware of the middle aged woman who had just served me,was now in hot pursuit. ;) When she saw that I had observed her following me, she stopped dead in her tracks but continued to watch my every move as I returned to my vehicle,climbed in and slowly drove off. She never said a word. :wink::lol: Perhaps my black suede 4.5" stiletto knee boots and the fact I was a guy was just to much of a mind bender for her and she had to go take a 2nd look, just to be sure …even if it did mean leaving her store unattended and jogging half way up the street to do it :rofl: jim

Hi jim. I love the bread shop incident. It's kind of funny how foolish some people can get over the sight of a man in high heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Jim:-) That as an interesting story about that woman at the bread shop. It's amazing how some people react, or in some cases, don't react. You should visit that shop another time to see what develops with that person and then let us all know about it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

she wanted to get a better look at your "buns"!!!!!! :rofl:

LOL..Some how I doubt it Bubba.

Those buns may once have had that glazed,” fresh from the oven look" which tempted even the most wiley shopper into having a quick squeeze, but these days I'm sorry to say, they have the appearance and consistency that better resembles week old sourdough...

jim :wink: