Meet-up thread proposal...

euchrid

Here's an idea to chew over...

Member meet-up / mini HeelMeet opportunities:-

From experience, i've found that HeelMeets (get-togethers of likeminded HHP members) are b*****y hard to arrange.

Difficulties in agreeing dates is the key problem, along with changes of plans and last-minute hitches that scupper the agreed rendezvous.

Why don't we have a forum/or ongoing thread where members can post their short notice whereabout intentions (e.g. for the coming 1-3 days or the coming weekend), this being an open invitation to other members to 'turn up' or to make a get-together out of it.

e.g.

- I'm going to be in Milton Keynes IKEA on friday evening. Anyone want to meet up for an Expressokaffe and maybe visit the cineplex afterwards?

- I'm going to be at Birmingham Bull Ring on Tuesday afternoon/evening for a shoe shopping expedition. Feel free to join me.

- I'm attending a goth-metal gig at Camden Underworld next saturday. do come along yourselves if that kind of thing is up your musical alley.

[NB. only one of the above is currently true BTW]

If a respondent is interested, they can either just turn up at said time/place or can PM the poster to fine-tune the meeting arrangements.

For those 'just turning up', it might be useful for the poster to state some sort of identifying mark (i'll be wearing a red carnation, that sort of thing :winkiss:)

I'm certain this kind of meet-up opportunity would be workable (in the UK anyway). What do you think?

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I,m always up for a heel meet. It does seem that it is always the same people that do the heel meets. I think alot of members sort things out via PM which does not help things. Finding towns with good shoes would help. I,m getting bored with Camden now. Camden has 1 good shoe shop (Aldo). All the others to me anyway are a waste of time.

• 1 month later...

I'm certain this kind of meet-up opportunity would be workable (in the UK anyway). What do you think?

hmm...

279 views but only 2 responses.

I guess I should take that as a hint. Thanks anyway guys. ;)

hmm...

279 views but only 2 responses.

I guess I should take that as a hint. Thanks anyway guys. ;)

Hi euchrid,

Maybe some of the guys are shy about a "meet up" as meeting face to face in the flesh is much harder than talking about it via the net....I could be wrong....btw.....does anyone know how many members of HHP are based in the UK?

What a grouse idea I personally would love to attend a casual heelmeet call it what you will with like minded heelers here in Melbourne Aust & there are plenty of places that i frequent in heeels & skirts as aguy where we could meet ANYBODY ELSE HERE IN MELBOURNE UP FOR IT IF SO PM ME

CHEERS MALINHEELS:w00t2:

Maybe some of the guys are shy about a "meet up" as meeting face to face in the flesh is much harder than talking about it via the net....

Yes, I think that's a major factor.

It's also difficult for HHP members with partners (either disapproving ones or unknowing ones!) - those members either have to 'come clean' to their partners or come up with an alibi, which obviously adds stress to the situation and forces the question "is it worth it?".

..does anyone know how many members of HHP are based in the UK?

I'd expect that data to be available form the membership list. can a moderator enlighten us?