oops...

tallguyinheels

Today at lunch - as I regularly do - went to put on my heels... At work on Fridays - jeans are allowed so I have my long jeans on that normally hide the heels - and when at work in regular shoes I tuck under 3 inches of the cuff of the jeans. So today I've have my 5 inch heels on, and leave to go into the convenience store - I even check my reflection in the window (too briefly) as I walk to the front door, and I notice a guy in a car parks smiling ear to ear - he was obviously waiting for some one and could have noticed the heel poking out under the cuff as I step - at least I thought - that doesn't bother me... I get my soda, pay for it and leave to return to the car. Same guy and his colleague in the passenger seat are looking right at my feet as I leave. OK a little self consciousness seeps in. I get to the point where I can see my reflection in the windo again and what to I see? Right foot with cuff still tucked under - left as it should be. Aak. Heel shoe everything completely visible and a fashion faux pah at the same time. Oh well, I could understand the laughter. But I didn't notice any other response in the crowded convenience store. Maybe I should go for the narrow leg jean and bare all my beautiful heels as many of you do in public.

Oops seems to be the appropriate reaction. I don’t think the guys in the car were members of the fashion police that were amused by mismatched pant cuff, if they were, they would have pointed out the error. I’m not a fan of tight jeans that expose the whole shoe if it has a high heel. I prefer a high heel pump peaking out from under jeans where it becomes a nice accent to the end of the leg. With tight jeans the same shoe becomes an exclamation point. However, the same pump with a skirt would look great. But to my eye, boots (especially with a heel) look fantastic over jeans.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

maybe now you are ready to wear thigh high shiny 5inch boots over any jean and go inside the same convenience store and check the reactions, i can bet you that done what you have experienced by accident is actually more difficult to experience than going as i am telling you. One day i will experiment that in a place i definatelly dont know noone, maybe when i take the road for comuting to another city, in the middle of the way, putting my sexy boots and walking to the store just to see reactions. Can be fun.

V. Morpho

Well, I've got the flip side of the problem - a pair of pants that are too long. So instead of having them taken-up I decided to wear 'em with a pair of 4" heels to a nice restaurant (coats required). Except for the fact that the spikes tended to catch on the pants legs a little bit, I had no problems. When standing erect the pants cleared the floor by about 1/2" so all that was visible was the pointed toes and the barest trace of a heel tip.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

tallguyinheels i like the look in that pic you posted also , just enough of the heels to show

Thats true, but very nice picture indeed.

I was wondering after this thread that maybe i will jump out of the car one day in the middle of the way from a city to another and pump some gas, and go to buy some cofe and peanuts to the convenience store, with my TH H black patent 5inch boots over my jeans and a leather jacket, as many of member of this forum do regularly, but i will do that in order to check the reactions, That way i wont care who is there, i probably will never see them again, but who knows right?

Why i want to do it? just becasue i need some motivation to dress up and try to accomplish what i want and sying it over and over in almost every post, haha

I know that i will, but need a little push.

TallGuyinheels: Can you show us your boot that was shown that day? just curious.

V. Morpho