My trip to Westfield Shopping Centre

LovesHiHeels

Got there just before 12 noon where I meet up with Euchrid at the Costa cafe. We then waited there for about 30 minutes while others to turn up, none did. First we went into Next. While the shoes were in sizes, they were all mixed up. I knew what shoes I was looking, after checking first beforehand online. Found some that fitted me, me being a size 9uk, but not want I was after. After that went into New look. This shop turn out to be the best for shoes, for me any way. All neatly laid out but not in sizes. After about 5 minutes trying to find a sized 9. I asked the sales girl to find me a pair. She did and I tried them on. I bought them the second time we came back into New look. There was another pair I wanted to try on in Barratts first. We went in most shoes shops at westfield. At some point Calv was able to join us and we then went for lunch. It was so busy in westfield, it was better for us to buy something from Boots, then wait ages at the food outlets. Barratts had some nice shoes in but not much reduced in the sale. Didn,t buy any but tried some one. Aldo also had some nice shoes but was so busy I didn,t get to try on any. Went back to New look and bought those shoes I liked. As I went to pay for them, the sales girl seeing that the shoes were a size 9 ask me if they were for me and of couse I said yes. Still waiting for Fastfreddy to turn up but having been around all the shops we wanted to go in. We went to Honour which is just outside waterloo station. You have to ring the door bell to be let in. The shop has two floors but is very small. They don,t have many shoes, but what shoes they do have are expensive. You are better of going to Camden for fetish type shoes. Honour do have alot of fetish clothes and stuff but not what I want. We left Honour and went for a drink in a nearby pub. Fastfreddy did turn up and we had a good chat about men wearing heels and other female clothes. Before we went home we had a little walk in our heels. It was a good day out and I would go to Westfield again.

post-13668-133522876984_thumb.jpg

post-13668-133522876995_thumb.jpg

LovesHiHeels has covered it pretty much.

The membership turnout was disappointing (three of us! :welcome: ). Understandable though, as many people had work and family commitments.

It was a good place for a heel-meet though, I thought.

It's a decent sized shopping centre with lots of shoe shops - exclusive name brands e.g. Kurt Geiger, Prada, as well as the usual high street names e.g. New Look, Barratts, Top Shop, for those of us without bottomless bank accounts!

They also have a House of Fraser (pretty good shoe dept.) and a Debenhams (not so large shoe dept.). Neither are a patch on their Oxford Street counterparts though. In fact that's probably true of every shop in the place.

After some initial nerves/doubts about trying heels on in the stores, I 'bit-the-bullet' and just got on with it. It was actually very easy and enjoyable.

I was glad I had too as it prevented me from making a common error of mine -buying without trying! I have quite a number of boots that I bought on impulse only to discover later that they were uncomfortable, a poor fit or 'wrong' in some other way.

New Look was probably the best shop for variety and ease of trying on - they have the shoes out in pairs. In most other places, you have to ask an assistant to retrieve the other one for you (time consuming & inconvenient, plus it adds to the pressure of trying on - "performance anxiety"!)

NEXT didn't have much to offer in their sale. They also have the wonderful sale display idea of chucking everything onto heaped shelves. Absolutely crazy. They expect you to pay £40 or £50 (sometimes more) for boots that have been thrown around and treated like junk. Idiots!

All other shoe shops were visited (exc. Dune which we didn't find) but most were unimpressive in terms of stock held and sale prices. When do the real sales start then, eh!?!

Some bizarre footwear was spotted in Terra Plana but none of it appealled enough for a try-on (turquoise drawstring canvas kneeboots anyone?)

As LovesHiHeels reported, the lunchtime queues to the food places were ridiculous so we made do with a trio of Boots Meal-Deals!

I think Westfield compares extremely poorly with Bluewater in that respect where there was far more choice and far shorter queues to get something to eat.

Yeah, I'd visit Westfield again. It has a good atmosphere generally and felt "safe" enough for some discrete streetheeling. Not that any of us indulged in it this time around.

After 4+ hours of Westfield shopping we headed to Waterloo station for a visit to Honour. Nothing much to report about that place. The two young girls working in there basically looked at us as if we were perverts (which I suppose is only to be expected - that's the sort of clientelle they usually get!).

After that, it was time for some liquid recuperation in a Waterloo pub.

We were joined there shortly afterwards by FastFreddy who is still a HHP member in spirit if not in forum access rights! How soon before he's up for parole incidently, mods?

Various 'well-oiled' ideas were generated for future heel-meets.

Keep watching this space and here's hoping we see you at the next one!!! :thumbsup:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I was passing in my car at 13.00 but I was in a hurry to get my wife to her medical appointment... I have been in before though...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.