Job opportunity

wetwillie

I would imagine, just like if you worked on the salesfloor, you would get a discount. I know one of the big reasons I worked for Aldo for 2 months was to get the 50% discount, in which I used on 2 pairs there. Good luck and let us know how you do...

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I would imagine, just like if you worked on the salesfloor, you would get a discount. I know one of the big reasons I worked for Aldo for 2 months was to get the 50% discount, in which I used on 2 pairs there.

Good luck and let us know how you do...

What happened to your job at Aldo? If you posted anything about it, I must have missed it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Couldn't continue to work 3 jobs when I was needed to open up at 7am on Saturdays, yet I wasn't home from my 55hr weekday job til 4am. Put in my 2 weeks back the week before Thanksgiving, and was sad doing it. Just couldn't do it. Nice 2 months though, even if I really didn't get to wear my heels in store like I had hope, nor really fit too many beautiful feet with gorgeous shoes (did some of that though!LOL).

I would love to hear any advice or thoughts on working in a retail shoe store. I am planning on applying for a job for next summer at Nine West. I know they offer a 50% discount off the retail price which is part of my motivation, but I also really like the people who work in the store. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Style is built from the ground up!

No specific information, but some thoughts (probably more pessimistic ones): - can you apply for a specific store, or do you apply as a company employee? If so, then what's to prevent from being assigned to either a far away store, or one where the employees may not be as nice? - the 50% discount is nice, but could that contribute to making your interest in heels turn into a full-blown obsession? It's tough to turn down a bargain; you might be buying almost every pair you like, since individually the price may not seem that bad. - I think on the surface, "spending time in a shoe store, watching women try on high heels" sounds really nice. However, I wonder if the reality might be that, after a while, it becomes pretty boring. Admittedly, I've never working retail, so I'm just speculating. I don't want to necessarily discourage you, I'm just trying to provide some alternate views. Let us know what you decide to do.

My time at Aldo, even though it was only Saturdays and only for 9 weeks, was interesting. First, I took the advice of friends here and learned all I could, online, about the company, styles, and policies they have. Then I looked through a lot of style and fashion sites, and at least tried learning the style that are "in", and how they look on different body types. I was rather taken aback by the lack of beautiful women who not only shopped mornings there, but the few who did didn't really need any kind of help. I may have worked with 20 or so women the entire time I worked there. That was nice, I do say, and the conversations went well. A few actually took and appreciated my advice. It may have been a comfort factor being a guy, but I don't think so. I saw it more of the people who came in that time of day seemed to know what they wanted already.

One question: In the 9 weeks that you worked at Aldo's, did you ever see or serve another man that bought heels for himself? And, did the rest of the staff at your store know that you wore heels yourself? and, if they did, what was their reaction to knowing of your wearing heels? (I guess that's more than one question if you spread it out - :thumbsup: )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

One question: In the 9 weeks that you worked at Aldo's, did you ever see or serve another man that bought heels for himself?

No. But, I was told by several of the co-workers there that there are a few. Plus, the night guy (Khaled) is said to wear them "but not too high".

And, did the rest of the staff at your store know that you wore heels yourself?

Well, Brittany, Lori, and another lady that works there has seen me buy and try on heels there before. Brittany is the one who advised me to apply.

and, if they did, what was their reaction to knowing of your wearing heels? (I guess that's more than one question if you spread it out - :thumbsup: )

I was told that I could have, had I opted to, wear them while working. Lori is a gorgeous blonde, 6' tall, with a size EU42 foot, and she wears them all the time.

They were fine with it and the reason I liked shopping there was there lack of surprise.

Happyfeat:-) Keep us posted if you do decide to apply for a job at Nine West to sell shoes. I thought that that might be a great job to have years ago, but I never followed up on getting one. Maybe I should have then. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!