Computer ?

For all you computer geeks out there or for anyone who has this problem, HELP! Wifes keyboard has a delay when typing double letters or back spacing. Is there a setting I can fix it with or do we need a new keyboard? I think she clicked on the wrong button or something.:thumbsup: Has anyone ever had this happen?

real men wear heels

Assuming it's a PC running Windows 2000, XP, (or heaven help us) Vista: If the problem is slow auto-repeat then: START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL>KEYBOARD There are setting for repeat delayand repeat rate. Fine tune to suit. If the problem is overall slow response to keystrokes then it's a bit more complicated. Could be unwanted tasks running. Could be virus or malware problems. Start with CTRL-ALT_DELETE to bring up the task list, go to the "processes" tab and see whch ones are taking lots of CPU time. Then I start to get out of my depth - others will know rather more Most unlikely to be the keybaord itself though if you have (or can borrow) a spare there's no harm in trying.

Works fine on my computer. I have already tried these tasks you mentioned and nothing. What it does on her comp. is it just has delay on double letters and backspace and makes a clicking noise.

Several possiblities: a] someone has setup some sort of "hotkey" program that activates whenever double characters are used. Check to see if you have a "hotkey" issue and clean that up; or try swapping the keyboard;

b] check your system resources and see if a bunch of unnecessary stuff is running in the background. The fix on this is to eliminate all unnecessary programs from loading and running at startup;

c] Check for all appropriate updates to the system, this would include Microsoft, any AVP programs (Norton, System Suite-, System Mechanic, etc.) After you have completely updated your system and all appropriate software, run your AVP and also check for spyware and adware, and any other malware.

d] All of the above has failed to reveal any verifiable problem - then try restoring your system to some known date prior to the calendar date when you first noticed the problem, assuming that you have some sort of system restore program, either from Microsoft or some other vendor. :welcome: Run any and all diagnostic tools against your SYSTEM , not the disks. Look for anything out of the ordinary, especially as relates to your interrupts. If this still fails to reveal anything;

E] You've tried all of the above and nothing helps; 1] call your local repair shop and get an estimate; 2] attach handgrenade to system board with a very long string tied to the pin... 3] take the sytem to your nearest river or lake and test floatation capabilities; 4] take system to top of nearest 10 story structure and test system's flight and glide capabilities. :thumbsup:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Not to step on toes here but IF she is running the dreaded Vista or XP for that matter try emptying the cookies out of internet explorer. I know it sounds fishy but when the cookie jar gets full on my wifes computer it does some incredibly weird things. Give it a try before anything drastic as it can't hurt.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Hey Johnie Before this turns into a slagging off for windows, and guessing at what "might" be the problem, do you want me to take a look at it, I can check your PC for you as if I was sat in front of it.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

tech, johnie,

What was it or is that a trade secret?

Al

Filter key was on for some reason, in the Accessibility 0ptions for some reason. Wife said she held down the right shift key to long and a window popped up and said something and thats when it happened. She must have done something. Who knows but tech figured it right out. Thanks everyone for all the tips. Computer needed cleaned up any how.:thumbsup:

real men wear heels