Thanksgiving Day Heeling

HHLover

Well, I had some time Thursday evening and decided that I needed to get out for a little bit. I had some mail to drop in the box and I needed to get some gas in my vehicle for a trip today. I decided that I'd wear my ankle boots again. I was going to wear some thin socks with them (the temperature was going to be close to freezing and I wanted to keep my feet warm), but they were just too bulky, so I opted for pantyhose instead. There's been some discussion on this in another thread, so I'll just move on. As I decided to leace the house for my vehicle, I heard a number of kids just up the street from me, running around and having a good time. About 10 minutes earlier, they were running up and down the street in front of my place so I was concerned that they could return at any moment. I took a quick walk across the sidewalk and hopped in my vehicle without them seeing me or coming any closer. Off to the post office, which was quite uneventful. A short walk from my vehicle to the drop box and back is all that happened. No one was anywhere near and all I could hear was the click of my heels. WOW! Next stop, the gas station to fill up (which I've never done before in heels). It wasn't too busy. There were two cars leaving when I pulled in, so I waited until they left before getting out and walking around to the other side of the truck (since they had to pass the driver's side). I figured this would be a good night since it was a holiday here in the US and there wouldn't be a lot of people out and about, especially big trucks, since thie gas station is also a mini-truck stop along an interstate highway. I should have just gotten back in the truck when I couldn't get my credit card to work the first time in the gas pump. It took 3 times for the card reader to recognize my card and then I couldn't read the display because the backlight wasn't working. It felt like I was standing there for an eternity pushing the buttons before the pump finally started up and let me fill up. OK, panic now over, or so I thought. The whole time, I stood there (in almost 6" heels) watching the traffic drive by on the nearby highway. It really felt great. It was like I was on top of the world (maybe it was the height of the heel doing that?). After finishing up, I waited for my receipt for quite a long time, but it never came out. Now I wasn't sure if my gas had actually been paid for. Talk about a quick change in how I felt. Now I was faced with a decision. Assume that the gas had been paid for on my card (the sign says it won't pump without using a credit card at the pump or a cash prepay in the store), or walk into the store and ask for a receipt to make sure that it was really paid for. After thinking about it, I figured that it had to be paid for or the gas would not have pumped. I just couldn't muster the courage to walk into the store in heels. I had hoped that this would be a really laid back adventure, but my heart was really pumping for a while when I wasn't sure if I should go into the store. Anyone else ever have any outings take a turn for the worse?

Yes. Gas stations never turn out like you'd like when you're in heels... What'd you wear for pants? If they're long enough, black, and at night (plus you walk real slow), you can usually get away with going in due to the pump not working... Saying this, when I drive near a gas station, even at night, it's 50/50 at best I'll go in (as I never use a CC)...LOL

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Well, lets see. Wife and I closed the shop at 5pm to go to Canton for some supplies. I wore my Collin Stewart 4 1/2" heel knee highs with heel half visible when standing and wife wore her granny lace up ankle boots with straight leg jeans. 1st stop, Joanne fabrics. No problem. Second stop, Kohl's. No prob. Then up to Starbucks. Stood in line about 15 minutes, got our drinks and went over to Best Buy. Found a really nice flat screen 19" monitor for my computer for 149.00.:wave:. Yep, still got the old logistic elephant trunk. Not any more!:) Walked around the store a lot and asked service different service people questions about different things I was interested in. Never a weird look or anything that my wife or I noticed. We did notice that everyone noticed the guy in heels but no big deal. Stood in line a few minutes and went next door to office max. Wife needed greeting card stock. Noise floor. Was great. I took my monitor to the car and wife went into the store. I got to the entrance of the store and noticed a girl in her 20's looking at my feet and signaled her bf. When I got into the store I turned a little and they were looking through the window at my feet.;-) I made sure the saw what they thought they saw.LOL! Found wife, walked around the store, found her a new printer scanner etc etc on sale for 74.99:w00t2: . Talked to many sales personal about warranty etc, paid and left. No one cared about the guy in almost 5" heels walking out the door with a big box between his arms strutting his stuff.:clap: Then off to one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants. Every body noticed but no reactions at all that I noticed. Then again I really don't look for it any more cause I don't care what other people think about what I put on my feet anymore. All and all, a perfect day in heels. Gotta love it!:w00t2: That's my story for black Friday and I'm sticking to it.:lmao:

real men wear heels

I had hoped that this would be a really laid back adventure, but my heart was really pumping for a while when I wasn't sure if I should go into the store.

It's weird, isn't it? You'd think that, with everywhere else you go in heels, a gas station would be nothing to worry about. Oddly enough, depending on the layout of the station, you can very quickly find yourself feeling quite the contrary.

Case in point...

There's a station just down the street from where I live. There are parking spaces lined across the length of the store, that run perpendicular to the store front. Every time I go there in heels, I feel like I'm putting myself on display for anyone sitting in their cars to watch while I cross the sidewalk.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Yes. Gas stations never turn out like you'd like when you're in heels...

What'd you wear for pants? If they're long enough, black, and at night (plus you walk real slow), you can usually get away with going in due to the pump not working...

Well, I had a pair of jeans on and thought they covered a lot of the boots, but after taking some pictures with them on, they might have been showing more than I thought. The first pic shows a good bit of heel. The second makes me think twice about wearing them out somewhere that I'd need to sit, unless I was specifically trying to attract attention. Especially with the shiny padlocks.

post-14114-133522874507_thumb.jpg

post-14114-133522874514_thumb.jpg

If you're trying to be more discreet, then yeah, way too short. I'd suggest bootcut jeans, at least 2" longer than your regular length (might move you into a "Tall" size). The ones I wear, when standing straight, just about hit the ground. There's probably about an inch+ of heel showing during a normal walk, obviously more if your bend down, or or when sitting.

There's a station just down the street from where I live. There are parking spaces lined across the length of the store, that run perpendicular to the store front. Every time I go there in heels, I feel like I'm putting myself on display for anyone sitting in their cars to watch while I cross the sidewalk.

First time I was in that situation, I thought the same thing. Then I began focusing on my self and ignoring the might-be-lookers. Again, no one really cares, if you are confident in yourself.:w00t2:

real men wear heels

Yes. Gas stations never turn out like you'd like when you're in heels...

What'd you wear for pants? If they're long enough, black, and at night (plus you walk real slow), you can usually get away with going in due to the pump not working...

Saying this, when I drive near a gas station, even at night, it's 50/50 at best I'll go in (as I never use a CC)...LOL

I think we've all had our occasions where we headed out in our heels for a 'routine' run only to have something intervene and tempt or force us out of our comfort zone. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's the unexpected that helps us push our personal boundries and lets us discover that much of our apprehension is unfounded. When confronted with such a situation, ask yourself, What's the worst that can happen if I go forward?

"It's just a flesh wound"

Well, I had a pair of jeans on and thought they covered a lot of the boots, but after taking some pictures with them on, they might have been showing more than I thought. The first pic shows a good bit of heel. The second makes me think twice about wearing them out somewhere that I'd need to sit, unless I was specifically trying to attract attention. Especially with the shiny padlocks.

First, those are great high heeled boots! Second, I am happy to say I have not had any bad experiences in gas stations or convenience stores. Yes, I get the looks. But everyone just moves on an minds their own business. If remarks are said, I have not heard them. Where did you purchase those beautiful boots?