Hello People

Melissa Guy

Let me introduce first... I'm a 23 old guy who lives in Brazil, and I wear woman shoes since I was 14... But I have never used high heels in public.

Now let me explain this nick "Melissa Guy", that's how my ex-girlfriend called me, because I was completely crazy for a woman sandal named "Melissa". let me describe it... it is a transparend plastic sandal...

Thats the sandal I use since I was 14...

Posted Image

I am CRAZY for this sandal... I have many of them!! you can check out other models at www.lojamelissa.com.br

Well, I do like high heels also... but not boots, I like high heels sandals and women sandals in general... but I think, in my opinion, that Women sandlas I see in USA are VERY diferent from Brazil... I can say that american sandals looks like Old woman sandals!

The brazilian sandals are more "delicated"... I will post some pics later!!

Well, all I can say is that I'm pretty happy to know that I am not alone!!

I hope I can use a high heel sandal some day!!!

Well, here are some pics of brazilian women sandals... I think it is completely different from the sandlas you like... well, My dream is to use anyone of these sandlas in public....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will post more pics later....please tell me what do you think...

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but they aren't any different from the sandals PayLess sells, or for that matter, all of the more expensive brands in the US that I've ever seen.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Hi Mellisa Guy, welcome to the forum. Nice pictures of sandals. However, I agree with Frances. Since shoes are manufactured all over the world and imported for retail sales world wide, Brazilian shoes are well known everywhere these days. Here in the USA, Brazilian manufactured shoes are well known for their fine quality. I wish you good fortune in living your dream of being able to wear your sandals in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Welcome Melissa Guy! Very nice pictures. I think many US sandals are getting more and more 'delicate'. but there are also some very ugly 'old lady' sandals as well! I, like you, have not yet gone public with high heels. Maybe someday.

The sandals remind me of something I saw a lot of on a school camping trip when I was 11. They were known as "jelly shoes", and they had a tiny heel, probably 1 or 2 inches max. On the last night of the camp a few of the boys did a cross dressing act as part of the "talent" show. This of course, included the jelly shoes. Our deputy head teacher said he'd have to get a pair for himself... However, I somehow doubt he was serious! I think the heeled sandals offer the potential to look good as part of a guy's outfit. However, I'm not so sure about the non-heeled plastic sandals you show in your first post. Maybe that's because I don't like the style much myself... This doesn't mean though that you can't wear them... wear whatever you are most comfortable with, and go with that. Don't let other people decide what you should wear... (And of course those of you who know that I get paranoid will know that last statement is completely hypocritical.... *goes off to remove log from eye*... :lol: ) SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

intresting :) you know, It is very nice the story about these sandals, the guy who founded "Grendene" the brand that makes the sandal Melissa, went to europe in 1979, and he noted that the fishers used a plastic sandal to walk on the rocks...the sandal was called "fisher man" and he brought this idea to Brazil... it sold like water, it was a fever with the teen girls... but only girls!!! and Melissa was made only for women... too bad, because originaly, it was a men's sandal... :lol: Well, I use these sandals since I was 14... but I was the only guy who used it... now it is common to see guys using this sandal... :(

Yeah, it's the same with high heels. They originally came in as men's wear a few centuries ago, but then for some reason they switched to being a female thing. Hopefully that'll soon change to being a female AND male thing... soon... SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Yeah, it's the same with high heels. They originally came in as men's wear a few centuries ago, but then for some reason they switched to being a female thing. Hopefully that'll soon change to being a female AND male thing... soon...

SH

Nearly everything that women wear was first worn by men. Very few, if any types of clothes ever get re-adopted, mainstream, by men, after women have feminized them. But look on the bright side, there aren't that many categories left--if the trend continues, all men will have left that they can wear, and be "manly" is nothing at all!! Acceptable public nudity as a fashion statement might not be that bad, at least until the women of the world appropriate that too! Then where will we be?? :(:lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Yeah, it's the same with high heels. They originally came in as men's wear a few centuries ago, but then for some reason they switched to being a female thing. Hopefully that'll soon change to being a female AND male thing... soon...

SH

Too bad this will NEVER happen in Brazil... :lol:

SH

Does anyone read Time Magazine? I was having a haircut a few days ago and I was given a few magazines to kill the time. In the december 2, 2002 episode, there was a picture of a _male_ high heel shoe which looks like my favourite Boots (not meant for males :lol:)

Anyone have that mag at home?

What's all the fuss about?

Melissa Guy, I hope you will be able to realize your dream of wearing sandals out. I have worn sandals like those in your last pic out a couple of times in public, under jeans, and enjoyed every minute of it! Good luck

JayBee

That's really, really awesome!! what was the reaction of the people?

Hi Melissa Guy, had 2 different reactions to my sandals. Fiest time when out in them, a guy picked up on them right away, and really stared hard at them, didn't say anything, but sure looked them over! Second time went shopping in them at a mid sized store, walked around for close to 10 minutes, and nobody appeared to notice I was walking on 4 inch platform sandals! wore them under longer jeans on both occasions Jay Bee