MORE new shoes

squirrelheels

Would you classify these as a blade heel?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you classify these as a blade heel?

Yup, I've got some more boots... here they are:

Posted Image

I've added a whole host of pics of these boots to my gallery:

http://www.beavisnet.plus.com/.heels/ankleboots/

£15 from New Look :lol: I'm pleased with em! Would you classify these as a blade heel? 3.5inches worth of heel there, no platform, inside zip, very comfortable, and a happy SH :(

Given that they have a noisy heel, and how paranoid I get... who dares me to wear them to college?! You're welcome to offer incentives!

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Hi SH! Congratulations. I like your new boots. With the rounded toe, they don't look overly feminine. As far as the heel being a blade heel, well, they are a little thicker than most of the blade heels i've seen or have. You shouldn't have any problems wearing them to college. So, go for it. Besides, any problems you may experience will only occur during the first day you wear them. After the first day, it's all down hill. Enjoy. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, good luck finding them! I don't think there's a New Look in the US, and if there is, I doubt they'd do the same models! I'm sure there are plenty of other very similar boots in the states! Compared to the rest of my heels, they're a blade heel! Nonetheless... they're nice heels, imo! SH

Hello squirrelheels, do I remember correctly? Are you the teenie guy just absolving your high-school examination. Celebrating the final party with mary janes? Offering totally open server sites (*grin*) with a lot of interesting pictures remembering me nostalgically to my own school days? Sorry, I felt nearly like I spy, to peek to your pictures. Or was it your intention, to show these pictures to everyone? IMHO: Nice pictures! Now coming to your subject. Blade heels and very thin stilettos with an extreme pointy nose are the newest fashion. For my taste no bad fashion. But I have slight doubts: Is this an appropiate style for men looking for acknowledgement on wearing high heels? Don't misunderstand me: I accept every female or girlie style for men. Because I like androgynous outfit! But I'm ready to make compromises. I wear in public mostly shoes with a little bit of male style. Naturally female footwear, because you will nowadays never find high heeled shoes for men. I'm a proud owner of black varnish ankle boots (nearly the same as my secondary avatar, 5.5'' heels). But hitherto I don't dare to wear them during my daily shopping in the supermarket. I believe that the majority of people are tolerating my "State-of-the-Art"-Outfit: 4'' to 5''-block heel boots. May be that some people judge me as a little bit "gaga". And I don't know, what the people are thinking about my knee high "Jean Gaborit" leather boots with conical cowboy boot style 4'' heels, which I wore in the last days. My goal is simply, to make people acquainted step by step with a guy wearing high heels. My congratulations if you are more courageous. It's the right and the duty of the youth, to be courageous! Concerning your heels question: I voted for NO. These heels are similar to blades but are no real blades. Don't worry about it. I don't like blade heels. I prefer the new style with tiny stilettos. But now we have reached the upper question again. micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

do I remember correctly? Are you the teenie guy just absolving your high-school examination. Celebrating the final party with mary janes? Offering totally open server sites (*grin*) with a lot of interesting pictures remembering me nostalgically to my own school days?

Sorry, I felt nearly like I spy, to peek to your pictures. Or was it your intention, to show these pictures to everyone? IMHO: Nice pictures!

Yup, that's me! And don't worry about spying! If I didn't want the pictures to be seen, they wouldn't be on the web! I'm glad you like them anyway!

I was celebrating the end of my school year last May with the wearing of female clothing... which was all good fun. However, since I have now moved onto college, I'm wearing heels on a regular basis as a guy, in normal guy's clothing. Indeed, as soon as I have someone to take photos of me, I will get some done of the whole of me, feet, legs, body, arms and head, the whole lot, so that you can see what I look like on a normal day! Feet don't show a lot about my character really!

I don't feel that these boots show too much of a female image. In the same way I don't think that they are very male either, but they are male enough for them to look stylish on me (imho - judge for yourself when I get some photos done!).

I will wear these boots to college... hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday... I know I will... it's just a matter of plucking up the courage! I know if I take one step out of the house in them there is no turning back, well, there is, but I never bother. So if I get as far as the front doorstep in these, it's a day in the boots!

Roll on Wednesday...!

SH

Micha and TallSwede, I've ordered a pair of boots from Jean Gaborit. I expect them in a few weeks, I emailed a lot with them before I ordered the boots about the measurements, because their smallest measurements were still too big for me. They are expensive though but what I've read about the boots (the leather and especially from Moda Stivali, who is another member of this forum with Jean Gaborit boots) they must be of good quality (I don't know yet) Squirrelheels, my opinion is that your boots are not with blade heels. Blade heels are from the side smaller than what the picture shows. I like them. Robert

Thanks terayon... I'm after a pair higher than that myself. They're not actually mine, they belong to a friend. Borrowed on a semi-permanent basis!

I spotted this at the Sketchers site recently:

Posted Image

Thought they were rather cool. Shame they don't deliver to the UK :lol:

SH

Thanks for the encouragement, TallSwede. My plan was to actually wear them to college today, as I'm on in college for 2 hours in the afternoon... however, that plan didn't work out, since I'm still ill and off college. The annoying thing is that I probably would have gone (in my boots) had I managed to get out of bed a couple of hours earlier! Dammit! SH

SH, There is always a tomorrow... -My day today has been a (not really) roller-coaster between severe pain and drowsiness (due to the illness and the painkillers involved), so I do understand your frustration. -BTW I have a (relativeley) new pair of HH *male* shoes with 4"+ heels. The problems here are just that the outer sole was originally pure leather, so I had them immediately resoled with "tractor" rubber soles to make them more usable (and durable) in the Swedish winter climate, then am I currently down to a single pair of black socks (*AFTER WASHING*!!! :( ), so as I really try not to be the typical Swede (in many ways perhaps) I prefer not to wear white socks with dark trousers and shoes/boots, and this causes a second "timing" problem as the black socks must be washed when I feel for the shoes... -AAARRRGH :lol: TallSwede

I have 5 pairs of socks to wear with heels (they're thin socks, all my others are thicker sports socks). Unfortunately these are often not available when I want to wear my heels, which can be a bit annoying. Hence I will see to it that I become the owner of more suitable black socks for this purpose. As for white socks? I haven't worn them in years. They just don't go with ANY of my trouser/footwear combinations. I still have loads of pairs of them in my sock draw for some reason.... Must sort that one out! As for the new boots, it doesn't look like I'll be wearing them tomorrow unless I either have a moment of extreme madness or a rush of extreme confidence, as I'll be going all the way to college tomorrow with a friend who is on work experience and knows nothing about my heels. The noisy boots might be a bit of a shock to him, given that he doesn't know about the heels at all! SH

Sorry, forgot to quote this in my last post...

Yes ofcourse, as I get them I take pictures.

Excellent :lol:

Btw, nice shoes from Sketchers, they are cool indeed

Yeah, they are... it's just a shame they don't come in my size OR deliver to the UK! I have my heart set on pair of Mary Janes that are a little more plain in comparison to these though (i.e. without the decoration on the toe, and with a single bar, not a T-bar)

SH

>> I have my heart set on pair of Mary Janes that are a little more plain in comparison to these though. <<

Try Barratts, or for the lower end of the market, either Shoefayre or Shoe Zone (formerly Olivers).

Well, I've tried all of the shoe shops in the Nottingham city centre (of which there are quite a few!), including Barratts, but to no avail. I know they are available, as I've seen at least two people at my college and old school wearing identical pairs. I don't know of a Shoefayre or Shoe zone anywhere near me... unless someone cares to enlighten me! :lol: SH

Hi Tall Swede,

Please give me your opinon on Jean Gaborit! Do you get your moneys worth or not?

My opinion: They were a little bit too expensive. The leather and the manufacturing are of an upper class quality. But I didn't like the heels shape because they didn't match to my size of EU 45. Too low, too short. So I started on a rainy sunday my own "heelsproject" ....

Look for details under "Shoe repair and modifications/Makeyour own"!

Here a link to a very first trial photoshot of my modified Gaborit boots with my new IXUS V3 digicam (after only 50 snapshots it passed over into the digital nirvana, now I'm waiting for its return from repair and its secular reincarnation :lol: ).

http://www.mbuenger.de/pics/Stiefel%20026.jpg

micha

I will wear these boots to college... hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday... I know I will... it's just a matter of plucking up the courage! I know if I take one step out of the house in them there is no turning back, well, there is, but I never bother. So if I get as far as the front doorstep in these, it's a day in the boots!

Hello SH,

don't worry about wearing heels in public. I just wrote the same to a young guy in a german forum: Meanwhile I have encountered several 10000 people walking myself on high heel boots. Not a single bad reaction until today! I´m sure that you will confirm my experience.

In the morning I wore again my Jean Gaborit boots during the shopping in the super market (for a picture of my boots look at the link in my answer to the tall "Viking"). Under my jeans, but no hidden heels! It was funny.

I hope, you havn't become "ill" because of your planned wednesday performance :lol:

my best wishes for your recovery (influenca?)

micha

Hey Squirrel heels,

still a Post Scriptum: Don't mind about my opinion, I said that I don't like blade heels. But look at my motto!

I'm just reflecting about ordering fashionable boots with a long pointed nose, and a placed back very narrow 4'' heel. They look like very female. Will I dare to wear them in public?

Here a link

http://www.fuss-schuhe.de/hhfc/images/BO-41783-sw1.jpg

micha

Micha, I had no problems getting to your own site with you wearing the real nice looking boots originating from J-G. But your link to fuss-schuhe.de was today unreachable (there seems to be some routing problems in and out from Sweden today...), so I can not say much more than: -Get them and wear them if *you* like them. I mean, who shall we please, ourselves, or the rest of the people we have no relation to anyway??? TallSwede

Micha, I have no woes wearing heels in public. I've already done it many times. However the one problem I have with these specific boots is the fact they have noisy heels. I'm apprehensive about the attention that these heels will draw. I realise it will probably be ok in the general public, but my worry is more about reactions at college from peers. I'm guessing it'll probably just be a few stares, maybe a couple of "why?"s as I've already had with other heels. No, I'm not ill to avoid my planned Wednesday outing in the boots. I've been ill since about last thursday, and I'm still off today (Wednesday), unfortunately. Hopefully I'm gonna make it into college tomorrow, but I won't be wearing any heels tomorrow (I have a band practice, and I can't drum that well in heels!), so it doesn't look like these boots will see college until after next week (next week is a week's holiday). :lol: SH

SH wrote:

I'm apprehensive about the attention that these heels will draw.

Why not take them to a shoemaker and have softer rubber heels put on them to muffle the "noisy heels"?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Squirrelheels, I presume that you are a student (as opposed to being a teacher (else try to find the old B&W movie called Hets made, in Sweden, with the now deceased actor Stig Järrel as the monstrous teacher called "Caligula" by the pupils... Else (horns on...) why not wearing the heels so the pupils know that you are about to get to their necks... :lol: / elsewise if you are a pupil, and feel sad about the situation, I hope/believe that there should be a "in Swedish" curator (shool employed "semi-doctor" with similar wows of silence) who you could turn to and ask for help/advice in this matter. -If you feel bad currently, *please try NOT to let it drop tomorrow*, instead blurb out whatever you can to any reasonable support person. ASAP!!! TallSwede

I am indeed a student... but it isn't at all serious enough to warrant a visit to the support staff at college. I haven't yet worn the boots to college so there is not yet a problem, and in all likelyhood, it is unlikely that there will ever be a problem. But it's just me being my normal paranoid self. I don't want to get the heels softened... I like the challenge of dealing with noisy heels, and also I really like the noise! Not only that, but having them softened would probably cost half or more of what the boots originally cost (£15), so all in all probably not worth it anyway! SH

SH, I have not too long ago made a real good deals from a retailer who apparently runs the shop because he (they (his female partner (I assume) is also doing her bit...)) goes to all the trouble every morning (including weekends) to drench (*yes*) 8-10 very large tables *outdoors*, but covered by a sort of roof, with the "same old pairs" mixed with new items. So I got, as an example, two pairs of "Male" shoes with 3"+ HH's size EU44 for roughly EU15/USD15 each! -I have never seen this type of shoe made before! It is the "general black male basic shoe" *but* with a high heel as a "natural" bonus... -Of course they were of "too high quality", I.E. the outer sole was purely of real leather (like the rest of the shoe), so I had to spend more than the initial outlay to have them rubbersoled so I could use them more than on the occasional perfect day here in Sweden... TallSwede