Our Responsibility As Public Heelers

JeffB

You're going about buying heels all wrong. If you like the Shoe then you should buy them, and build the outfit around them. If that means going out and buying a whole new outfit just to match your shoes, then what better excuse to go shopping?! :)

I think I'll stick to my method, thank you. Keeps me from going over the top.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Same here. Before I buy a pair of high heels, I too try to picture what outfit I am going to wear with them.

And I also agree with Ben. Many occassions on weekends when I have had to run 8-10 hours worth of non-stop errands, I am wearing athletic shoes as opposed to high heels to accomplish them.

Funny, while I've spent considerable $ on new blazers (linen blue, cotton pink, white), new tops (color blocked stripe/solid) and new pants (rust orange/intense blue/wide leg denim) and even had a pair of brown wedge oxfords dyed black by my local cobbler, I haven't purchased a single pair of heels in well over a year. I'm more about the total look first, then the heel; as opposed to the heel first, then the total look. It gives shoe interchangeability value to money invested in my wardrobe. This frees me up to wear the same outfit across a wide variety of different contexts with or without heels.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Funny, while I've spent considerable $ on new blazers (linen blue, cotton pink, white), new tops (color blocked stripe/solid) and new pants (rust orange/intense blue/wide leg denim) and even had a pair of brown wedge oxfords dyed black by my local cobbler, I haven't purchased a single pair of heels in well over a year. I'm more about the total look first, then the heel; as opposed to the heel first, then the total look. It gives shoe interchangeability value to money invested in my wardrobe. This frees me up to wear the same outfit across a wide variety of different contexts with or without heels.

Sounds like a terrific strategy! One I wholeheartedly agree with! I'm also of the belief that it's all about a total outfit for my little adventures, not just the shoes.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I freestyle all the time. Just not always in heels. I'm lucky that I'm small for a guy. I have size 7UK feet and am probably a UK size 10 in female clothes. Many of my favourite tops and trousers are unisex or womens. I even have women's knickers that I wear as if it was completely normal... I'm not talking about frothy lacey french maid numbers, more simple lycra or cotton stuff. I just wear things that I like and are not going to get me beaten up or arrested. Make people think and want to talk to you rather than pull their kids away or laugh.